[IDM/Experimental] Chizmata - Inside the Backdrop (Parsec Album)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Chizmata

16 Jun 2023

hey RT,

i've finished a new 3-track EP. i tried to utilize parsec's unique effects like timbre stretches etc. to bring out it's special sound (bit late to the party but whatever). i used other synths, mainly complex-1, for additional elements though. hope this is for you!

SebAudio

17 Jun 2023

Those tracks lead you to some arctic places ! The textures are very good and inspiring. Never too late to the party with (great) synths. I’m still undecided about Parsec, I can’t trial it again and I’m saying to myself that first, I still have to explore Europa !

strangers
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2023

Only had a chance to listen to Terminus, so far. Parsec and Complex-1 are a really fun duo, especially for their more abstract and atmospheric sounds like you have going on. Parsec is very user friendly while Complex-1 is a little more hands on. Did you create your own patches for these? I'd be interested to know a bit more. Will have to dive into the other two songs later on.

Chizmata

21 Jun 2023

strangers wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Only had a chance to listen to Terminus, so far. Parsec and Complex-1 are a really fun duo, especially for their more abstract and atmospheric sounds like you have going on. Parsec is very user friendly while Complex-1 is a little more hands on. Did you create your own patches for these? I'd be interested to know a bit more. Will have to dive into the other two songs later on.
Hey strangers, thanks for listening! about your question: yes, i always create every patch myself from a blank synth.

with parsec i was generally trying to build effects around the natural overtone series because i thought it had special capabilities in that area. like playing a sound, then modulate its timbre to a point where it has common overtone content with the next, maybe very different sound - but that way they could still seamlessly transist into each other. gotta say i wouldnt do it again though, parsecs controls and measure units are way too crude to go deep into the mathematics of sound. it works, but its a pain. this thing is made for fancy effects, but that it does very good :D.

• Information