(RX1200 track) - In The Wild

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2023

Wrote this for the RX1200 Beatmaking Competition that's currently going here at RT. Join if you haven't. :puf_smile:

Sticking to the rather limiting rules for the competition was a challenge. But I had a great time making this one. RX1200 is a fun device. It really forced me to do things a bit differently.

Superology

08 Jun 2023

Where is passion, dude?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2023

Superology wrote:
08 Jun 2023
Where is passion, dude?
Haha, ok so not a big fan of the track I take it.

Superology

09 Jun 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Jun 2023
Superology wrote:
08 Jun 2023
Where is passion, dude?
Haha, ok so not a big fan of the track I take it.
:thumbup:

TheGodOfRainbows

05 Jul 2023

I really enjoyed this one. It's very interesting to hear your style coming through on a device using samples - something you don't usually do (except for drums). I like the fact that though it's really geared towards the hip hop crowd, you showed that it doesn't have to be hip hop only. Also, I love fun music, and the elephant sample, though kind of random, fits perfectly and makes me smile.

I love the crunchy sound of this thing. I've been getting into more gritty and lo-fi sounding stuff, and I'm kind of fascinated by the feeling it gives you. It's also causing me to work differently, since I've basically never tried making music using samples (samples in this case being bits and pieces of a variety of sources rather than say a sample based rompler).

willbe
RE Developer

06 Jul 2023

It was one of my personal favorites 👍
Such a great construction and clever use of the Factory collection.
It has that Prodigy vibe I love.
Congrats!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2023

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
05 Jul 2023
I really enjoyed this one. It's very interesting to hear your style coming through on a device using samples - something you don't usually do (except for drums). I like the fact that though it's really geared towards the hip hop crowd, you showed that it doesn't have to be hip hop only. Also, I love fun music, and the elephant sample, though kind of random, fits perfectly and makes me smile.

I love the crunchy sound of this thing. I've been getting into more gritty and lo-fi sounding stuff, and I'm kind of fascinated by the feeling it gives you. It's also causing me to work differently, since I've basically never tried making music using samples (samples in this case being bits and pieces of a variety of sources rather than say a sample based rompler).
Thanks man. Yeah like you say I don't typically rely on samples this heavily. It definitely creates another character. It might not be as organic sounding, but it has charm on its own I think.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2023

willbe wrote:
06 Jul 2023
It was one of my personal favorites 👍
Such a great construction and clever use of the Factory collection.
It has that Prodigy vibe I love.
Congrats!
Thanks. Glad to hear you dug it. :puf_smile:
I could easily see myself making a full EP based on this instrument sometime.

Seems like the Prodigy vibe can slip in there even when I'm not trying. I say that because not long ago I actually made a record based on REALLY trying to capture some of that early Prodigy feel. If you're interested feel free to check the project out. It's mini album consisting of 6 original tracks influenced by Prodigy's early discography. Personal favorites are probably "Revival" and "Playing With Fire".

Jagwah

17 Jul 2023

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
05 Jul 2023
I really enjoyed this one. It's very interesting to hear your style coming through on a device using samples...
I agree 100%.

@Tritone - Really fun energy, and I hear your Prodigy influenced sound but it's completely different, crazy. I like that is has a hip hop / break dance kinda of vibe and feels really bouncy. You should do little themed EPs or albums if you don't already, I would be down for hearing more of these because it's you doing something different yet still doing you ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
17 Jul 2023
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
05 Jul 2023
I really enjoyed this one. It's very interesting to hear your style coming through on a device using samples...
I agree 100%.

@Tritone - Really fun energy, and I hear your Prodigy influenced sound but it's completely different, crazy. I like that is has a hip hop / break dance kinda of vibe and feels really bouncy. You should do little themed EPs or albums if you don't already, I would be down for hearing more of these because it's you doing something different yet still doing you ;)
Thanks.
I was actually more inspired by this tune than any Prodigy material. It's an old Amiga 500 tune. They aren't very similar except for a few things: that rock edge, the low sample rate sound and their sample based nature.

I actually have hopes of making more mini albums/EP type of projects. I'm working on one right now in fact. But I don't know if it will come to fruition since I haven't written that much material yet. It's more of a hopeful wish. To quote Rerason Studios: "It's a plan, not a promise". :puf_smile:

Eusantis

18 Jul 2023

I have enjoyed this track. I like its more experimental side, kfraftwerkian, and the use of samples. Really nice!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2023

Eusantis wrote:
18 Jul 2023
I have enjoyed this track. I like its more experimental side, kfraftwerkian, and the use of samples. Really nice!
Thanks, glad you like it.

Jagwah

19 Jul 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Jul 2023
Thanks.
I was actually more inspired by this tune than any Prodigy material. It's an old Amiga 500 tune. They aren't very similar except for a few things: that rock edge, the low sample rate sound and their sample based nature.

I actually have hopes of making more mini albums/EP type of projects. I'm working on one right now in fact. But I don't know if it will come to fruition since I haven't written that much material yet. It's more of a hopeful wish. To quote Rerason Studios: "It's a plan, not a promise". :puf_smile:
Lol!

That's cool that you got inspired from the Chuck Rock game and it lead to this track.

You have a cool sound and you do it really well - you should definitely get some EPs done, talk to Benedict if you need to https://benedictroffmarsh.com

:puf_smile:

TheGodOfRainbows

21 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
19 Jul 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Jul 2023
Thanks.

Lol!

That's cool that you got inspired from the Chuck Rock game and it lead to this track.

You have a cool sound and you do it really well - you should definitely get some EPs done, talk to Benedict if you need to https://benedictroffmarsh.com

:puf_smile:
Yeah! Do it! Do an EP with this device. I'm going to do it. I've got three tracks going. I'm going to go for maybe four or five.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2023

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
21 Jul 2023
Yeah! Do it! Do an EP with this device. I'm going to do it. I've got three tracks going. I'm going to go for maybe four or five.
It would be fun to give it a shot at some point. Though now is not the time. I already have another project going. I think for me having two musical projects at the same time might be a little too much to handle. I’m also having some hopes of getting more into art, like drawing and painting. I don’t have any skills in that area right now, but it would be nice to have. So it’s all about priorities.

Cool that you’ve decided to dive into RX1200. Looking forward to hear that project.

moalla

22 Jul 2023

Nice your are a real child ot the nineties bum :clap: amazing beginning of the song, very powerfull.
So one question, how many tracks and effects do you did used to produce this song?
It´s something iI´m interessted in, to get a another view on composing stuff, really nice that your here Rikard ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2023

moalla wrote:
22 Jul 2023
Nice your are a real child ot the nineties bum :clap: amazing beginning of the song, very powerfull.
So one question, how many tracks and effects do you did used to produce this song?
Thanks. Well this particular track I wrote for the RX1200 song competition. And we were only allowed to use one instance of the RX1200 so that’s what I did. I put it all on one track/channel. I kept effects pretty sparse with this song. So I feel like this track may not be the best representation of how I usually work.

But once I knew I wasn’t in the top three for the competition I took the liberty to make some small mix tweaks, switching out some MClass stuff to the tools I prefer instead. And I also put some sounds on seperate channels to mix them easter. But the song itself is still the same.

But there’s nothing fancy going on. Basic EQ, compression. Some light chorus on some sounds. That’s it. It’s simple straight forward song.

Chizmata

24 Jul 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Jun 2023
Wrote this for the RX1200 Beatmaking Competition that's currently going here at RT. Join if you haven't. :puf_smile:

Sticking to the rather limiting rules for the competition was a challenge. But I had a great time making this one. RX1200 is a fun device. It really forced me to do things a bit differently.

interesting piece, that beat is exceptionally rolling. also the progression with the high melodies and the rather complex bell part in the middle carries the track well. i dont feel like its complete yet though. maybe some content in the lower mid/upper bass area would give it even more power.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2023

Thanks Chizmata, appreciate it.
The song and mix might have its flaws, but it’s very unlikely I’ll go back to it again. It’s almost 2 months old at this point and I have already moved on to making other songs.

• Information