(Funk alert) New album celebrating the Roland JX8P / JX10

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
bitley

30 May 2023

Reason is good for multitracking and here I've delved into the mid 1880 sorry 1980s.

Album title; 1986 Super JX Polyphonic Synthesizer Dreams

Track names;

1. JX8P
2. 8P Chords
3. 8P Funk
4. Super JX 86
5. Twin JX Peaks
6. Midi Directly
7. JXtaposition 8P
8. JX8P With D-50
9. Rlanto JX10
10. Sin The Sizer
11. JX8P Addons

I hope you guys will dig it!

This is available now on most digital music outlets I think? Please let me know if you find it and perhaps can share me the link.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1CJ1sl9H ... 4IywP9Pygw

Youtube channel where it will be coming up: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZvCFc ... 1hoBYNrGsw

I guess this ... and the album cover perhaps... finally says how big of a Roland fanboy I am lol.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 May 2023

Fantastic collection of tunes! Too bad many are so short, there are a lot of great ideas. Listening to the album on spotify I would have liked to sample practically every track and use the slices for about ten future funk /french house tracks! The sound design is amazing, as one could not expect otherwise from Bitley. Personally I would have made more complex and articulate arrangements because the sound and ideas are there and they are remarkable, but it was still an amazing listen.

8P funk and and JX8P With D-50 are my faves

bitley

30 May 2023

Oh thank you! :-) The problem with sampling is that you have to assign me as a co-writer but if you just do that with your music service (BMI / Ascap / Stim etc) sample anything, would be fun to hear it. (My name is Patrick Fridh and I'm in Sweden registered with Stim). Create something new with anything that inspires you. Sounds designed are just partly my work as I also use the lovely presets programmed by Eric Persing on both the JXes and the D-50 as the solo on that track. Music rights help paying for the butter (I'm very bitter on the price of butter these days at like $8 per package here, insanity). Rent not mentioned lol... survival is truly a challenge. I often say that I eat my synths as I sell them to have pocket money. Now if playbacks would reach zillions I wouldn't be so picky... ;-)

bitley

03 Jun 2023

Thank you lurkers! 1000 playbacks! :)

raymondh

03 Jun 2023

Sounds great patrick! Such a great synthesizer, and very funky tracks!

For some reason your 8P seems more snappy than mine!

bitley

05 Jun 2023

Maybe you were listening to the JX10 bass sound which is a simple layer ;) Glad you appreciate the trax!

• Information