(Experimental / Piano) Countach

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
bitley

28 May 2023

So let me tell you about this rather strange piece of music :-)

Back in 2001 / 2002 I worked for then-Propellerhead running the product support so I wanted to learn everything Reason could do. That meant I spent a lot of time both in the Prop office (with plenty of other Props) and home experimenting with it. At one time I thought ok let's go through the Matrix sequencer. I wasn't interested in trying to make 303 type things so I loaded up the piano samples from Logic which I also had installed. Pattern by pattern this is how it turned out.

Unfortunately all files except the audio are lost in computer translation and hard disk failures but a musical note reading piano player actually wanted the notes so he could play it, something we never got sorted.

Chizmata

30 May 2023

i enjoyed it, especially the atmosphere - is this some kind of serial approach? and good job making the harsh pattern transitions sound meaningful most of the time. sadly the sudden fadeout gives this a "just a demo" feel in the end.

JC1

30 May 2023

bitley wrote:
28 May 2023

So let me tell you about this rather strange piece of music :-)
Strange and haunting. I love this arrangement. Those apeggio runs / sweeps are beautiful and all the erratic jagged nightmare fugue movements in there as well!
It's very interesting hearing how others are putting their piano pieces into Reason, it's giving a great deal of food for thought.

Thanks Bitley! Is there any more where that came from lol? ✌️
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

bitley

30 May 2023

Oh thanks guys I thought it would you lead you all to experiment in the same way lol. This was a one off thing and a demo yeah really it is but I have gotten back to it from time to time and kind of... hmm... interest myself in it lol. I guess it's one of those "strangest things" I've done.

• Information