(80s synths) Using bassline generator, chord sequencer, Beat Map

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

09 May 2023

At the last sale I bought bassline generator and chord sequencer to get some new inspiration :)

After making some patterns I liked, I exported them to MIDI tracks for editing more changes, then used that to control my synths and ultimately ended up with this. I definitely would never have ended up with this by myself, and learned a bit in the process.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

09 May 2023

Super nice and punchy track! Chord Sequencer and BLG are incredibly useful to get going quickly. Once you have the harmonic bones of a track laid down it's just a matter of arrangement and orchestration, to me at least. Excellent sound design also. Wll done, i especially like the timbre and chord progression of the second theme (entering 0:34): bright and very 80s. Good job!

jappe

05 Jun 2023

Wonderful warm clean sound, love it!

Checked the video on BLG...it would be great if it was chord-aware so I wouldn't have to manually adjust, for when I'm not interested in a"pedal tone" bassline.
Downloading Chord Sequencer...I've had the habit of experimenting with sequences myself but this helps workflow and inspiration.

bitley

05 Jun 2023

Great but where 's your excellent singer? :)

• Information