(80's pop) song called second chances critique please

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
gritz

08 May 2023

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... frame><div style="font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc;line-break: anywhere;word-break: normal;overflow: hidden;white-space: nowrap;text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: Interstate,Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans,Garuda,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight: 100;"><a href="https://soundcloud.com/the-nightingale-experienc" title="the nightingale experience" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">the nightingale experience</a> · <a href="" title="SECOND CHANCES" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">SECOND CHANCES</a></div>

robussc

12 May 2023

I like it a lot, but I think it needs some work on the arrangement. I don’t get much of a “story” from the track, if that makes any sense? There’s no bridge that would seem to be the place to add the “second chance” contrast? And I think the track could build more to the finale. There’s too much going on from the get go.

Hope that’s useful, because musically it’s very pleasing.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

jappe

05 Jun 2023

I hear a nice vibe. I like the breakdown parts at 0:55, 1:30 and 2:26.
I agree with robussc about the "story" part. I'd like to hear a variant of this where there's more progression and small things catching my attention.

bitley

05 Jun 2023

I hear no vocals! It needs vocals. The piano is somehow detached from the mix a bit.

gritz

20 Jun 2023

Thanks guys much appreciated- I will amend accordingly

• Information