[IDM/Experimental/Minimalism] Determination

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Chizmata

27 Mar 2023

Hello folks,

this is a 3 track EP made with reason 11 suite. main synths used were malström (track 1), complex-1 (track 2) and layers wave edition + thor (track 3).
(the album is set to start at track 3).

RTFX

28 Mar 2023

Good ol Malstrom and Thor are still powerhouses amongst all existing vsts that i know of.
Alien worlds is a beautiful track!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

29 Mar 2023

RTFX wrote:
28 Mar 2023
Good ol Malstrom and Thor are still powerhouses amongst all existing vsts that i know of.
Alien worlds is a beautiful track!
thanks RTFX, your feedback is always appreciated!

Chizmata

06 Apr 2023

bossa wrote:
05 Apr 2023
i like it!
good to hear! i'd listen to your album too, but i don't have spotify.

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2023

Nice work Chizmata.

Favourite for me has to be alien worlds and that plucky type sound is very beautiful. Digital Jungle is also cool and i love the glitchy fx.

Visitor has good ideas but there is something not quite right for me about the ethnic toms like sounds and they seem a bit too in your face for me. Not sure i can explain it as i don't think they are too loud, there is just something about it that did not sit right with me personally (and i love ethnic percussion).

Chizmata

08 Apr 2023

bossa wrote:
07 Apr 2023
You can here my Album also on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQwX5L ... ele4U83iaQ
i will in the next days , the snippets were already interesting :thumbup:
Popey wrote:
08 Apr 2023
Nice work Chizmata.

Favourite for me has to be alien worlds and that plucky type sound is very beautiful. Digital Jungle is also cool and i love the glitchy fx.

Visitor has good ideas but there is something not quite right for me about the ethnic toms like sounds and they seem a bit too in your face for me. Not sure i can explain it as i don't think they are too loud, there is just something about it that did not sit right with me personally (and i love ethnic percussion).
thx for listening and the appreciation, popey.

the toms in "visitor" are mainly resamples of malströms tabla graintable, and what irritates you might be some "thinness" to them, especially as there is not much powerful bass/sub in that track overall. they occupy a space that wont allow much below it while not hitting too hard themselves. i had a very hard time making this mix even acceptable (to me at least) :lol:

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2023

I really liked Digital Jungle. Complex-1 has been a favorite of mine even though I have no clue what I'm doing when creating my own unusual sounds with it. That's part of the draw, for me at least. Visitor is a really interesting track. The rhythmic drums paired with the drone puts you in an unusual but calm place.

Alien Worlds was a bit of a miss for me even though I tried listening a few times. I couldn't get past the very raw and thin sounds.

Chizmata

26 Apr 2023

strangers wrote:
25 Apr 2023
I really liked Digital Jungle. Complex-1 has been a favorite of mine even though I have no clue what I'm doing when creating my own unusual sounds with it. That's part of the draw, for me at least. Visitor is a really interesting track. The rhythmic drums paired with the drone puts you in an unusual but calm place.

Alien Worlds was a bit of a miss for me even though I tried listening a few times. I couldn't get past the very raw and thin sounds.
thanks for the thorough listening, strangers! interesting to hear other peoples impressions of a track like visitor. About Alien Worlds: i had a few issues with this EP, like switching to different headphones before making this last track. it's first version was also way fatter, but i felt like i had to tone it down to fit in with the rest and i ended up with a mix that was "just ok" to me. so i understand your criticism, i will have to learn to adjust to those new headphones better.

• Information