(berlin-school)In the trail of berlin(WIP)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Marc64

17 Mar 2023

Trying some Berlin-school style. Imspired by Tangerine Dreams. Long way to go to be as good if ever as them :)

Chizmata

20 Mar 2023

Marc64 wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Trying some Berlin-school style. Imspired by Tangerine Dreams. Long way to go to be as good if ever as them :)
it has potential, there is some good sounddesign and progression going on, the mix is alright if a bit thin either. but for me the piece gets harmed by the rhythmical predictability of the main synth chord which is always on the first note of a measure. that can work in some context, but imo it doesnt here. maybe you wanna add some variation to it by shuffling it around or adding hits or delays.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2023

The atmosphere is very good, also the chord progression is very pleasant. The mix may bee a little light on the low-end for my tastes, and could use some maximizing, but, again, this is my taste and if you're looking for philological and historical mixing and mastering it might be on spot. Composition wise, I agree with Chizmata about the rythmic synth being a little bit too predictable, after a couple of measures and I think the ending should be revised. I would put a big deep chord lasting a whole measure, because, imho, the track ends leaving me a little bit unsatisfied. I love the track! It needs some more polishing and it's ok!

Marc64

20 Mar 2023

Thanks for the input guys, you are right on all your points there, it's a WIP though so changes can and will happend :)

• Information