[electronic] 3 Bad Brothers

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

10 Feb 2023

Mixing up the genres here... from hip-hop, breakbeat, rave, acid-house, bass house, tech house and techno. Ok - a little of everything.

All the instruments are created using my hardware Roland Jupiter 80 - with new presets created just for this track. Recorded into DAW and processed even further (e.g. bass line has Riff added to make it even more gritty). Lots of arps and bass sequences etc.

Thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

FrankJaeger

10 Feb 2023

Myself and the Beastie Boys do approve of this track.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

danc

10 Feb 2023

FrankJaeger wrote:
10 Feb 2023
Myself and the Beastie Boys do approve of this track.
GLAD YOU APPROVE!!! I've put in another session on this - cleaning a lot of things up, as I had a chance to listen on various speakers and picked up some issues. Still want to improve some things, but it's getting there.
Check my Soundcloud:

Last Alternative

17 Feb 2023

Now that's a genre mash-up. No small challenge - you know your shiz. The music is entertaining and the production sounds perfect to me.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

danc

17 Feb 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
17 Feb 2023
Now that's a genre mash-up. No small challenge - you know your shiz. The music is entertaining and the production sounds perfect to me.
Thanks LAST ALTERNATIVE! What can I say? Well - I actually have quite a soft spot for this track as well. It just seemed to fall into place. In terms of production - there are a few little issues that i want to fix - mainly around the levels of some of the vocals and the clap in the first 30 odd seconds is just a little tad too loud, as I want the impact of the next section to be just a little more intense - but overall it's nearly there. I sometimes just have to walk away from it for a few days, let all memory of the first few sessions disappear, so that I can approach it with a clean mind and ears.

Anyway - glad you like it. And yes... all those genres can be pushed together and somehow work. Food for more track idea thoughts.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information