[TECH HOUSE] YOU ME MY PRIDE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

04 Feb 2023

Here's YOU ME MY PRIDE ... only done 1 session on this... so will need to come back to tidy / clean up.

Two basslines are Arturia MiniFreak V and uhe Hive - both sounds created from init. Bounced both and then play really carefully with the ADSR of each bass hit, making each one just slightly different, to add groove, and to duck and dive in around the kick. Giving Trackspacer (on the kicks and 2 basses) less headache to sort out.

Drum grooves and foley created in Maschine. Some things which I've been experimenting with are using 2 different kicks... one which is longer and deeper for the quieter moments in the arrangement and then switch to a tight less deep one when things get busy. Works well me thinks.
Trying out some experiments with building what I will call subtle "groove sound idents" with odds and ends - synth squeaks, various percussion, vocoder voices etc. With the aim to make the track have its own identity.

Your thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

Overtherainbow

04 Feb 2023

Doesn't strike me as a "You me my pride" track...more of a "Sunshine Butterflies and the repressions of Joseph Stalin" kind of track to me.

1.5/5

Last Alternative

17 Feb 2023

The player isn't working.. did you pull it?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

danc

17 Feb 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
17 Feb 2023
The player isn't working.. did you pull it?
It was pulled - because... you know sometimes you make a tune and think it's rocking and you immediately post it on RT. Then you come back the next morning and you then take a fresh listen and think, erm... that's so not my finest hour! You then stumble across to RT and squint out of one half closed eye hoping no-one has listened let alone commented... blo**dy h*ll... sh*t... someone hates it. Oh well. We can't be perfect every living moment of our days. I certainly can't anyway.

One other thing. Practice makes perfect. And so - every new track you make (however imperfect it is) pushes us on in our goal to amazingness.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information