[trance] new song - trying to polish and finish :)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dominik73

15 Jan 2023

Hello!

I have made first try of trance music - uplifting trance.
I would like to finish that and im curious of your opinions.

Frankly: main daw is cubase (host), main vst: reason + sylenth1
Vocal are downloaded from some website for free.....

Most problems were with plugins - it is hard to create properly trance instruments (so i used reason's bank)
Second thing - i have to polish it and make automation, some FX too.

Please, take a look and share your ideas:

thanks

jam-s

15 Jan 2023

My observations from just a quick listen:

I like the general idea of this track and the chosen vocal. I'd rather classify it as dream trance than uplifting trance, as the mood is a bit gloomy from the minor key and the lyrics add to this.
The build up in the intro is much too fast for a dream trance track in the style of the late 90s or early 2000s (esp. the vocal should come in much later). The kick is a bit damp. You could try to widen the arp by hard panning of the different notes (and possibly using a ping-pong delay). You could introduce some more variation on the vocal in the repetitive sections (pitch shifting a few notes or the whole, adding FX etc). Maybe also adding some spoken word to a breakdown section in the middle could benefit the track.
All in all I think it's a good starting piece to further work on.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2023

General ideas are quite good imo and i like the synth sounds and the vocal. Main issue for me is that all the synth sounds completely overpower the drums and bassline.

Not sure how long you have been making music but i would bring the drums up quite a lot so they have their own defination along with the bass. If you have not done so try low passing some of your other synths etc to give the drums and bass room. Is there any sidechaining going on.

I thought there was a lot to like in this it just needs work on the mix regarding volume levels of each element so we can hear everything clearly.

visheshl

16 Jan 2023

The track is nice, but feels like there's a high pass filter on the whole track somehow...you know what im trying to say...like theres lots of highs, but no real low end, there is the bass sure, but seems like you're monitoring with too much bass, thats why your mix lacks the lo end...at least thats what i think...i could be wrong...

Heigen5

16 Jan 2023

Nice tune for it's ideas, but I agree that everything sounds very highpassed. And you can barely hear the bassdrum. So yeah, work on the beat and it's mixing. The actual ideas are nice!

Dominik73

17 Jan 2023

Thanks for opinions!

I will post new version here - as soon, as i have free time for music.

• Information