(Melodic House/Electronic) Yorkshire Diva

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2023

Created for the challenge here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7529718

As always any comments appreciated

rorystorm

02 Jan 2023

Nice!! Totally made me feel like I was dancing in a forest on mushrooms in 2001 instead of while I'm making breakfast in my sisters kitchen. Tasty break too.

Rising Night Wave

02 Jan 2023

this song reminds me a bit of mobi's song go.
nice tune you created.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2023

rorystorm wrote:
02 Jan 2023
Nice!! Totally made me feel like I was dancing in a forest on mushrooms in 2001 instead of while I'm making breakfast in my sisters kitchen. Tasty break too.
Thanks Rory storm i hope you made it out of the forest safely, some of them mushrooms can be strong :)

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
02 Jan 2023
this song reminds me a bit of mobi's song go.
nice tune you created.
Thanks RNW, I am more than happy to hear this reminded you of Moby as I like his stuff.

This song (well the diva brass patch in the break) reminded me of yorkshire brass bands and old hovis ads hence the title (you probably need to be from the UK to know what they were like).

Appreciate the feedback

rorystorm

03 Jan 2023

Popey wrote:
03 Jan 2023
rorystorm wrote:
02 Jan 2023
Thanks Rory storm i hope you made it out of the forest safely, some of them mushrooms can be strong :)
Never left it mate

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2023

summon.exe wrote:
04 Jan 2023
sounds good!

Mattvank

09 Jan 2023

1:30 and 2:01 are very cool. That 303 and distortion pad is placed well.
Will you make a rework for more details or build up or is the file closed?

Arpeg
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2023

Scenic montage. Very good track, well produced, excellent sound. I like in the drop down you slow the rate of certain sounds, nice touch. All sounds nicely spread out that rhythmically compliment one another, highly mixable track

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2023

Mattvank wrote:
09 Jan 2023
1:30 and 2:01 are very cool. That 303 and distortion pad is placed well.
Will you make a rework for more details or build up or is the file closed?
Thanks for listening Mattvank. I may do a rework in the future but currently moved on to a new track.

As I improve I will probably revisit a lot of my stuff so possible in the future.

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2023

Arpeg wrote:
09 Jan 2023
Scenic montage. Very good track, well produced, excellent sound. I like in the drop down you slow the rate of certain sounds, nice touch. All sounds nicely spread out that rhythmically compliment one another, highly mixable track
Thanks for listening and glad you enjoyed it. I was a dj for 20 years so always have an eye on mixability👍

RTFX

12 Jan 2023

Love it!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2023

RTFX wrote:
12 Jan 2023
Love it!
Thanks RTFX :thumbup:

Chizmata

12 Jan 2023

Popey wrote:
01 Jan 2023

hi popey, i feel like this is the best track i've heard from you so far. in those before i've often had the feeling they were losing grip at some point in how the elements play together, but this is pretty tight-woven. i like how the many floating elements create a thick atmosphere above a powerful beat. there are little gripes though, i feel like the low end could use a tiny bit ( ~0,5) db more volume and all elements could be shifted left and right a bit with the groove mixer until they grip perfectly into each other.

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jan 2023

Let's see what you got here, Popey.
Writing as i listen
The into is too short.
Nice transition between sections
The breakdown is here. Very well done.
Snare roll, not totally on board with the sound you used for it.

The drop, nice. Very nice.
Something sounds of ca 3 minutes in the way a section morphed.
Got Tracey now, you know how I feel about that 🙄
It is over now. The outro could be longer too. But overall great job!!!

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2023

Chizmata wrote:
12 Jan 2023
Popey wrote:
01 Jan 2023

hi popey, i feel like this is the best track i've heard from you so far. in those before i've often had the feeling they were losing grip at some point in how the elements play together, but this is pretty tight-woven. i like how the many floating elements create a thick atmosphere above a powerful beat. there are little gripes though, i feel like the low end could use a tiny bit ( ~0,5) db more volume and all elements could be shifted left and right a bit with the groove mixer until they grip perfectly into each other.
Thanks for listening Chizmata and the feedback. Take on board your comments and a lot of the playing in this is me jamming on a push 2 so there are probably a few issues with timing. I fix obvious timing issues but others I leave if they give more groove or life to the song. Something I will be aware of moving forward and more focus on this may mean things fit better.

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jan 2023
Let's see what you got here, Popey.
Writing as i listen
The into is too short.
Nice transition between sections
The breakdown is here. Very well done.
Snare roll, not totally on board with the sound you used for it.

The drop, nice. Very nice.
Something sounds of ca 3 minutes in the way a section morphed.
Got Tracey now, you know how I feel about that 🙄
It is over now. The outro could be longer too. But overall great job!!!
Thanks for the feedback Phillip. Will check out the section at 3mins and see what I have done wrong.
Working on another track at moment but plan to revisit most of my tracks and fix them (as I improve).

Appreciate your feedback as always

PhillipOrdonez

13 Jan 2023

You've improved so much 💪 👏👏👏

• Information