[Electro/Minimal/Ambient] Stalactites

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Chizmata

09 Nov 2022

Hey all,

this is my newest track made with r11 suite. the main synth is a scenic and the drums were created with thor/kong. the composition is based on the interaction of smaller polymetric patterns. the sound reminds me a bit of the water dripping in a stalactite lair, even though i just figured that when the track was done :-) .

RTFX

10 Nov 2022

SAW 85-92 vibes!
Lovely track.
The only thing that im missing is a beautiful chord progression.
But thats just me.
I love that steady, easy kick and long hats.
Some more reverb on the hats wouldnt suck i guess and sometimes some modulation on the scenic sound.
But since the main synth has quite an unusual pattern/melody its exciting and not boring the way it is now.
Love this!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

10 Nov 2022

RTFX wrote:
10 Nov 2022
SAW 85-92 vibes!
Lovely track.
But thats just me.
Some more reverb on the hats wouldnt suck i guess and sometimes some modulation on the scenic sound.
But since the main synth has quite an unusual pattern/melody its exciting and not boring the way it is now.
Love this!
thank you rtfx! Sounding like SAW is a big compliment!

actually i was recently thinking a lot about not using chord progression :lol: i guess its just not my way.

about your other criticism: yes, the track is supposed to live from the rhythmical changes, but i'm aware there is always room for improvement, like the modulation you suggested. hihat reverb is actually quite excessive already.

o_flabby_o

11 Nov 2022

Chizmata wrote:
10 Nov 2022
RTFX wrote:
10 Nov 2022
SAW 85-92 vibes!
Lovely track.
But thats just me.
Love this!

actually i was recently thinking a lot about not using chord progression :lol: i guess its just not my way.

about your other criticism: yes, the track is supposed to live from the rhythmical changes, but i'm aware there is always room for improvement, like the modulation you suggested. hihat reverb is actually quite excessive already.
It's good, perhaps modulate the hi-hat decay from very short "t" sounds, to the softer ones you've got going now on a long LFO. It's how I modulate hats personally.

Good track, has the feel of dub techno but it is different and it's own thing. Keep at it.
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Gigabyte DS3H B550 AM4 MoBo, 500GB Samsung 980 NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 870 QVO SSD2, Corsair RM750 750w PSU, Native Instruments Komplete Audio 1 Soundcard. Windows 11 22H2. Reason 12.

Embrace gratitude.

Chizmata

11 Nov 2022

o_flabby_o wrote:
11 Nov 2022
Chizmata wrote:
10 Nov 2022

It's good, perhaps modulate the hi-hat decay from very short "t" sounds, to the softer ones you've got going now on a long LFO. It's how I modulate hats personally.

Good track, has the feel of dub techno but it is different and it's own thing. Keep at it.
thanks for the feedback! yes, i would have gone for the hats if i modulated anything. but i tried so much out in this track, i just had to stop at some point when i felt it was alright :lol:. but maybe next time.

• Information