[noisy techno] dangerous levels ep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

09 Nov 2022

four quick and dirty tracks I produced over the last couple of days.

Some trivia, I dunno if this is interesting or not.
So, I've been working on this other project for freaking ages and it's both going well and going really badly, this kind of experimental trip hop thing. I dunno, it's like the music is really good but I just don't feel like that I'm landing it right. Frankly it's fucking doing my actual head in. So I decided I'd take a break and make something that I deliberately wouldn't put too much effort into.... this is the result, just some drums and effects and a couple of synths for each track, all quite saturated. In the end I have to say I'm really, really pleased with how it turned out. I started wanting to do something a bit minimal, which I quite like making and feel like I'm pretty good at - it's kinda come out as 2/3rd like early Surgeon, which I was aiming for, and 1/3 My Bloody Valentine which was a pleasant surprise, maybe with a bit of Underworld in the 3rd and 4th track.

Anyway, one of things I find useful in these circumstances is working with a single synth. I'd been seeing Parsec come up a bit recently and it's one that I haven't used that much so I thought I'd focus on that as a way of getting to know it - turns out it's much more interesting than I'd given it credit for. So, the drums are all from the Reason drum supply library and the bass lines and noisy bits are just made with Parsec. I literally just finished working on it this evening so I went a bit overboard with the new Turn2On PolyRes filter on the drums. Then I mastered it in T-Racks with a bit of saturation added for extra whump whump.

Like I said one of my aims was to make something really quickly, as I've been feeling like I've been overthinking my work just recently (though I still spent fucking ages today equing shit and driving myself crazy). So just think of any mixing or mastering weirdness as being part of it's punkass DIY lofi charm.....

happy to get feedback!!!!!!!!!

• Information