[D&B] DESIGNER BAG

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

23 Oct 2022

Wanted this to be super hard hitting... grooving.

Bass line is something I created inside Phase Plant. Added 4 different filters to give it distorted life.
Drums are totally made from scratch. No loops. Careful panning with snares and hats.
Melody is two chords I sampled off Arturia's SQ80. Then I made a melody from it.
The tape crushed sound is created using SSL's new 4k Channel Strip on every channel. And SSL's Fusion on the master channel to sweeting everything.
The vocal is run through an overloaded mic pre-amp to give it that distorted beauty.

Thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2022

Cool. Not how I approach music making at all myself, which makes it all the more interesting for me to listen to. :puf_smile:
Really nice production and sound selection.

strangers
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2022

Really cool track and a solid mix. The only thing that stood out in a distracting way was the lead that kicks in at 2:34. Seems a little too loud but I am listening on a laptop so not the best thing to be listening on. Very nice work with the drums. I've never been able to work with drum loops (not that there's anything wrong with anyone using loops) so I can appreciate the detail of programming them from scratch.

• Information