Possible Avenues - House, jazzy, deep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Deep Schulzz

23 Oct 2022

As always - it has been a long road to get the track finished:

Video add:
Last edited by Deep Schulzz on 13 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Deep Schulzz

03 Nov 2022

Replaced final mix.

HullsTom

03 Nov 2022

Deep Schulzz wrote:
23 Oct 2022

Thanks for the great track. For me, it is something new and very unusual. It's still hard for me to understand the essence of this kind of music. It is something deep and exciting. Like playing Warcraft for the first time. But the more you play, the better it turns on. Especially when you can use different platforms to help the game, like this
Last edited by HullsTom on 07 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Deep Schulzz

07 Nov 2022

Thank you for these words

Chizmata

08 Nov 2022

Deep Schulzz wrote:
23 Oct 2022

very good work! i like it when kinda unusual acoustic riffs are used in electronic music and you nailed it with the bassline. the mystical and weird surroundings fit perfectly. also the track progresses through rather harsh rhythmical changes, but it always sounds logical and fitting. my only gripe is that the low end could be more powerful and defined, but i get that its hard to mix with this kick/bass combination.

i will listen to it again!

Deep Schulzz

10 Nov 2022

"very good work! i like it when kinda unusual acoustic riffs are used in electronic music and you nailed it with the bassline. the mystical and weird surroundings fit perfectly. also the track progresses through rather harsh rhythmical changes, but it always sounds logical and fitting. my only gripe is that the low end could be more powerful and defined, but i get that its hard to mix with this kick/bass combination.

i will listen to it again!"

Thanks for listening & the comment. Yes, I think that's right regarding the low end. I didn't really get it right. To the next try:)

Chizmata

10 Nov 2022

Deep Schulzz wrote:
10 Nov 2022
"very good work! i like it when kinda unusual acoustic riffs are used in electronic music and you nailed it with the bassline. the mystical and weird surroundings fit perfectly. also the track progresses through rather harsh rhythmical changes, but it always sounds logical and fitting. my only gripe is that the low end could be more powerful and defined, but i get that its hard to mix with this kick/bass combination.

i will listen to it again!"

Thanks for listening & the comment. Yes, I think that's right regarding the low end. I didn't really get it right. To the next try:)
would you like some advice for the bass? i think i might have an idea.

Deep Schulzz

10 Nov 2022

Yes very much

Chizmata

10 Nov 2022

Deep Schulzz wrote:
10 Nov 2022
Yes very much
obviously you wouldnt sidechain-compress the acoustic bass with the kickdrum - its sound is way too important for the track. but if you split the acoustic bass into a low and a high section at around 100hz, you could sidechain compress only the low end of the acoustic bass with the kickdrum. so you can give your kick more power and definition without messing the low end up, but keep the melody and timbre of the bass. i think it might be worth a shot.

Deep Schulzz

13 Nov 2022

" ...but if you split the acoustic bass into a low and a high section at around 100hz, you could sidechain compress only the low end of the acoustic bass with the kickdrum. so you can give your kick more power and definition without messing the low end up, but keep the melody and timbre of the bass. i think it might be worth a shot."

Many thanks for the suggestion - great idea. I will try this out. I usually try to get a grip on the bass - kickdrum thing with Wavefoctory Trackspacer or Carve RE.

Video add:

Chizmata

13 Nov 2022

i havent used those devices, but carve looks like its perfectly cut for the job - cant tell what the other one does from looking at the surface though.

• Information