(techno) Delta 126bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2022

My latest track, mellow(ish) techno.

Hope some enjoy - feel free to download if you do :D :lol:

ordjob2

16 Oct 2022

Loud kick and weak bass.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2022

ordjob2 wrote:
16 Oct 2022
Loud kick and weak bass.
Short and to the point feedback but totally correct. Think i have fixed it now

RTFX

17 Oct 2022

A man and his Phoscyon2…..
I think u fixed it yes. Tbh indidnt hear the first draft.
Your tracks have good structure and sound very well mixed and mastered.
Are you a ghostproducer for some superstar and making a fool of all of us here on the forum?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2022

RTFX wrote:
17 Oct 2022
Are you a ghostproducer for some superstar and making a fool of all of us here on the forum?
Thanks RTFX I went easy on the 303 this time and there is only one sequence (there was 2 but I deleted one).

I appreciate the nice words about mixing and mastering but personally feel I still have a way to go in this area as my mixes don't compare favourably to music I buy or that of some of the posters here. Especially volume wise as I struggle to reach around - 8 lufs without crushing the dynamics hence why I don't usually reach these figures like my references.

Ps. Deffo not a ghostproducer for anyone and if i had to describe myself drunk producer would be more appropriate considering I only get to produce at night on weekends once my kids are in bed (and when I am free to sink a few beers)

PhillipOrdonez

17 Oct 2022

The drop is ace.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
17 Oct 2022
The drop is ace.
Thanks Phillip :thumbs_up:

PhillipOrdonez

17 Oct 2022

👍

RTFX

18 Oct 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Oct 2022
RTFX wrote:
17 Oct 2022
Thanks RTFX I went easy on the 303 this time and there is only one sequence (there was 2 but I deleted one).

I appreciate the nice words about mixing and mastering but personally feel I still have a way to go in this area as my mixes don't compare favourably to music I buy or that of some of the posters here. Especially volume wise as I struggle to reach around - 8 lufs without crushing the dynamics hence why I don't usually reach these figures like my references.

Ps. Deffo not a ghostproducer for anyone and if i had to describe myself drunk producer would be more appropriate considering I only get to produce at night on weekends once my kids are in bed (and when I am free to sink a few beers)
I hear u.
Sometimes less is better.
Since i feel a connection with most of ur tracks, i wonder, what artists do u listen to yourself and how do u come up with your tracknames?
So its not 10hrs straight or so working on a track i guess?
We also have kids. 4 of them, eldest is 9.
Sometimes theyre an inspiration and sometimes making a track is an escape from them haha
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Oct 2022

[/quote]
I hear u.
Sometimes less is better.
Since i feel a connection with most of ur tracks, i wonder, what artists do u listen to yourself and how do u come up with your tracknames?
So its not 10hrs straight or so working on a track i guess?
We also have kids. 4 of them, eldest is 9.
Sometimes theyre an inspiration and sometimes making a track is an escape from them haha
[/quote]

Yeah i just didnt think it worked as well as the pluck i made in this track so removed the second 303 sequence. needless to say i have started a new track and that already contains a phoscyon 2 303 sequence so i am getting my moneys worth :lol:

Artist wise up until recently i used to just listen to a lot of spotify techno playlists so a wide variety and did not always see who created what.

looking at my reference track folder however i have stuff in there from biskuwi, Julien Riess, Victor Ruiz, Adam Beyer, Marsh, Stylo & space motion and Innellea so perhaps check a few of these artists out. I also like hot since 82, hybrid and Sasha a lot but not sure if they are classed as techno. carl cox mixes are usually really good too.

I also have a friend who has a techno radio show who sends me links to these on mixcloud. he tends to play a lot of old and new techno ranging from hard to melodic stuff so lots of different inspirations (he loves 303's).

Track names i either just use places we visit as a family or mean something to us (Bakewell, netheredge etc) or something related to the song/synths (eg. Cyan-cyon for phoscyon2). Sometimes they are just totally made up names that my kids come up with and this track (delta) was named as i was showing my eldest how to create synth patches and he thought the triangle symbol on my synth reminded him of the greek delta sign. I really do struggle with naming them :)

I know what you mean about kids being an inspiration or escape and my friday/saturday night sessions are best for me as i can work uninterrupted ( i usually work well into the early hours of the next day once engrossed). I spend the odd hour or so making patches when the kids are awake but never any actual song creation as i tend to lose my train of thought if they need me for something or want to play.

you must be mega busy with 4 kids, i only have 2 (9 & 11yr old) and they run me ragged :lol:

• Information