[ELECTRONIC] REBOOT

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

06 Oct 2022

I wanted to go for polished raw. With an emphasis on the drums and deep growl bass. Careful focus on stereo placement to really emphasise the drums and vox.

So ... what's your thoughts? Everyone is precious and has unswerving opinions about "genre" so I've kind of decided to call it ELECTRONIC and stay away from the usual house, tech house, techno slots.
Check my Soundcloud:

Heigen5

06 Oct 2022

Liked that "uuling" sound a lot. Some nice rhythmical elements in there too. I can still hear the uuling in my head 6 minutes later so I think it's catchy. Cheers!

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2022

danc wrote:
06 Oct 2022

I wanted to go for polished raw. With an emphasis on the drums and deep growl bass. Careful focus on stereo placement to really emphasise the drums and vox.

So ... what's your thoughts? Everyone is precious and has unswerving opinions about "genre" so I've kind of decided to call it ELECTRONIC and stay away from the usual house, tech house, techno slots.
@ 0:30 I think you've got something really special here.

That's a great drop section and I'm 100% digging it!
If my memory serves me correctly, you've always had good all around balance and dynamics in your music.

For the sake of being extra critical or harsh, there are probably some parts in between the very good sections(they speak for themselves) that could be jazzed up a bit, but that's always down to personal taste.

Nice one!

danc

27 Oct 2022

aeox wrote:
15 Oct 2022
@ 0:30 I think you've got something really special here.

That's a great drop section and I'm 100% digging it!
If my memory serves me correctly, you've always had good all around balance and dynamics in your music.

For the sake of being extra critical or harsh, there are probably some parts in between the very good sections(they speak for themselves) that could be jazzed up a bit, but that's always down to personal taste.

Nice one!
THANKS AEOX... totally agree with your comments about some very good sections and some bits that needed "jazzing up". I left it for a few weeks and I've now "jazzed up" sections.

I've tidied it up and fixed loads of stuff. I've kept the raw background noise and hums etc... as I think that is part of its special character. It's only 3 minutes - but I don't think it needs anymore.

Thoughts?

Here is the new version...

Check my Soundcloud:

• Information