(Acid Techno) Cyan- Cyon

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2022

My latest track, hope some enjoy :)

RTFX

18 Sep 2022

I certainly did.
I like the fact you got multiple sequences running simultaneously.
Programming this can be very tedious, i know.
How many different 303 sequences you got running in this track?
I counted 7-8. Am i close?
How did u make them?
With midi or programming steps or both?
Last question: which synths did u use for the 303.
I myself use ABL3 (RE) mostly, but i dont like the way how it has to be programmed. So i am on the market so to say.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2022

RTFX wrote: ↑
18 Sep 2022
I certainly did.
How did u make them?
I myself use ABL3 (RE) mostly, but i dont like the way how it has to be programmed. So i am on the market so to say.
You were so close with the guess as there are nine sequences but two of the sequences are using the same 303 preset I created. All the 303 sounds in this track are from phoscyon2 vst which is dead easy to programme. It's drag and drop midi from the vst into your daw so I then tweaked things to work with other 303 lines.

Glad you liked it as it is my favourite track I have made so far.

klasson

18 Sep 2022

Well done, like the groove in this one! :thumbup:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2022

Digging this tune. Nice groove man.

Lost Dog

19 Sep 2022

I really liked it, very quirky 303 sounds with solid drums throughout.πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2022

Thanks for listening Klasson, Tritone Addiction and Lost Dog.

I am really happy with how this turned out 😊

Bloma

19 Sep 2022

My main issue with this is the main bass sound, everything else fits really nicely. It's too upfront or something, I'd be curious to hear the track with a different sound there.

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2022

Bloma wrote: ↑
19 Sep 2022
My main issue with this is the main bass sound, everything else fits really nicely. It's too upfront or something, I'd be curious to hear the track with a different sound there.
Thanks for listening Bloma and appreciate the feedback.

I like the bass personally but we all like different things. It is very heavily distorted in the midrange so perhaps it's that.

Propellerhands

20 Sep 2022

Loved it! Professionally made. Techno is not my cup of tea most of the time, but this track rocks!
18 Sep 2022

Can we talk about our Lord and Saviour Phoscyon 2?
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

RTFX

21 Sep 2022

Popey wrote: ↑
18 Sep 2022
18 Sep 2022
I certainly did.
How did u make them?
You were so close with the guess as there are nine sequences but two of the sequences are using the same 303 preset I created. All the 303 sounds in this track are from phoscyon2 vst which is dead easy to programme. It's drag and drop midi from the vst into your daw so I then tweaked things to work with other 303 lines.

I checked out reviews and videos of phoscyon2 and with each one, i got more enthusiastic.
As you said it seems very easy to program and export to daw.
This will, in my case, speed up workflow drastically.
Thanks man!
Looking forward to more acid techno from you.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2022

21 Sep 2022
18 Sep 2022

I checked out reviews and videos of phoscyon2 and with each one, i got more enthusiastic.
As you said it seems very easy to program and export to daw.
This will, in my case, speed up workflow drastically.
Thanks man!
Looking forward to more acid techno from you.
I would certainly recommend it and it sounds a bit different to Abl3 so they both complement each other well. It may be worth seeing if any deals come up as it was Β£69 on offer when first released (and I got a discount code in my account as I have a couple of their plugins so may be worth getting their free frontier vst to see if they give you a code too).

More techno with acid lines will come for sure 😊

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2022

Propellerhands wrote: ↑
20 Sep 2022
Loved it! Professionally made. Techno is not my cup of tea most of the time, but this track rocks!
18 Sep 2022

Can we talk about our Lord and Saviour Phoscyon 2?
Glad you enjoyed it. Phoscyon2 and Abl3 both rock.

Propellerhands

21 Sep 2022

21 Sep 2022

Quick question, have you experienced a "clicky bass line" when you drag and drop midi sequence from Phoscyon 2 into Reason sequencer? Hard to explain it. It just does not sound the same as if I do it solely inside Phoscyon 2.

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2022

21 Sep 2022
21 Sep 2022

Quick question, have you experienced a "clicky bass line" when you drag and drop midi sequence from Phoscyon 2 into Reason sequencer? Hard to explain it. It just does not sound the same as if I do it solely inside Phoscyon 2.
No sorry everything seemed exactly as programmed once exported. Have to say I use live with RRP so haven't dragged midi into reason daw. There is a post about phoscyon2 in vst section so perhaps worth asking there for responses from reason daw users.

Propellerhands

21 Sep 2022

It could be just Reason issue, will have to test on Ableton 11 to be sure though. Thanks!

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2022

21 Sep 2022
It could be just Reason issue, will have to test on Ableton 11 to be sure though. Thanks!
Be interesting to see if you get different results in live to reason. I am intrigued myself so will try using my patches and export midi into reason 11 when I get a moment this weekend.

Mattvank

23 Sep 2022

No question, very well made but....

I hear that joy of a new toy. ItΒ΄s like a promotrack for the d16 303.
The focus is on the 303 and not on the track. I miss the details

otherwise is all fine. Mixing, Sounds, mood. :puf_smile:

Propellerhands

23 Sep 2022

22 Sep 2022
21 Sep 2022
Be interesting to see if you get different results in live to reason. I am intrigued myself so will try using my patches and export midi into reason 11 when I get a moment this weekend.
For some reason I couldn't reproduce what I experienced before however I found another issue with glide. If a last note in Phoscyon 2 sequencer has a glide, exporting midi into Reason's sequencer and then playing it through, that same note does not register and the pattern just stops/resumes unlike being continuous like in Phoscyon. Weird.

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2022

23 Sep 2022
22 Sep 2022

For some reason I couldn't reproduce what I experienced before however I found another issue with glide. If a last note in Phoscyon 2 sequencer has a glide, exporting midi into Reason's sequencer and then playing it through, that same note does not register and the pattern just stops/resumes unlike being continuous like in Phoscyon. Weird.
Is that the glide behaviour they mention in this kvr thread?
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=480

Propellerhands

23 Sep 2022

23 Sep 2022

It is not, Glide works fine inside Phoscyon 2, but exported midi file to Reason does not work the same sometimes. To me at least. That's why I don't use Phoscyon in EXT(ernal) mode. Just automate the levels when I want the sequence to stop inside a track lol.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2022

Mattvank wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2022
No question, very well made but....

The focus is on the 303 and not on the track. I miss the details

otherwise is all fine. Mixing, Sounds, mood. :puf_smile:
Thanks for listening MattvankπŸ‘

I can understand how it can come across as a demo track as I often make tracks highly utilising a new synth or effect to help me understand them. Often during early patch creation I find a musical idea is created after making say a bass patch and lead patch so just run with it. I guess it's more obvious when testing a 303 vst than novum for example.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2022

23 Sep 2022
23 Sep 2022

It is not, Glide works fine inside Phoscyon 2, but exported midi file to Reason does not work the same sometimes. To me at least. That's why I don't use Phoscyon in EXT(ernal) mode. Just automate the levels when I want the sequence to stop inside a track lol.
Strange, at least there is a workaround 😊. You mentioning the modes reminds me I am yet to try the arp on phoscyon 2

Kov

24 Sep 2022

Well done. I like that, due to the multiple 303 lines, it loses the usual "loop-feel" that is rather typical for acid.

Propellerhands

24 Sep 2022

24 Sep 2022

Strange, at least there is a workaround 😊. You mentioning the modes reminds me I am yet to try the arp on phoscyon 2
Ditto!
Mattvank wrote: ↑
23 Sep 2022

He should definitely contact D16 and make them an offer :D win-win!

• Information