(Transcendent 2000 track) - Bleak

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3560
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 09 Sep 2022

I've used Jiggerys Transcendent 2000 for all the sounds in this track. I really dig this synth. It's got a very uneven, unclean sound to it that really adds character. And the built in effects only add to that. It's one of those synths that you get different "takes" from every time you render the track, which gives it a sort of an analog and "alive" flavor.
I've added some effects here and there, but the raw character is definitely there from the beginning, even before any processing.
What I found interesting is that this is one of those rare instruments that makes me want to write music in a very particular direction. It makes me want to write dark, meloncholic, raw sounding music.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 10 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.
”Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.” Quote by RT user stillifegaijin.

User avatar
moalla
Posts: 256
Joined: 20 Oct 2017

Post 09 Sep 2022

Nice dark stuff, i passed the sale but this synths sounds different. :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
R12, R3900x, firefaceUC, T440p, Babyface, Nocturn49, LaunchpadMK2, TMP1
Mackie Pro10fx, Mindprint DI-Port, Se2a, Nt2a, SP C1, GAP D2 MK2, Dt880pro, Eve SC205
SR305Bass, Western, Strat, Miniak+RhythmWolf, Ipad+SparkLE

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3560
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 10 Sep 2022

moalla wrote:
09 Sep 2022
Nice dark stuff, i passed the sale but this synths sounds different. :thumbs_up:
Thanks. It's a simple synth with the usual, saw, square, triangle shapes, but like you say it does add something different.
”Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.” Quote by RT user stillifegaijin.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3560
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 10 Sep 2022

Like I've done so many times before, I release a track too early. I always think it's finished and then a day or two later I find things I want to change. It's like I never learn. :crazy:
I've done a few changes to the track. And I wouldn't be surprised if I made more changes later on. And I also wouldn't be surprised if this is the final version.
”Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.” Quote by RT user stillifegaijin.


User avatar
Overtherainbow
Posts: 69
Joined: 26 Jun 2022

Post 11 Sep 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Sep 2022
Like I've done so many times before, I release a track too early. I always think it's finished and then a day or two later I find things I want to change. It's like I never learn. :crazy:
I've done a few changes to the track. And I wouldn't be surprised if I made more changes later on. And I also wouldn't be surprised if this is the final version.
download/file.php?id=2379241

strangers
Posts: 726
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 12 Sep 2022

Solid structure and progression, nice work! I saw this RE nicely discounted during the end of summer sale and thought about grabbing it until I remembered I want to put more use into the REs I already have. You can't rule out those simpler synths. Being too the point can be really effective in getting things done rather than being tempted to deep dive into an endless sea of parameters.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3560
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 Sep 2022

Chizmata wrote:
11 Sep 2022
great composition, i like it
Thanks :puf_smile:
”Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.” Quote by RT user stillifegaijin.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3560
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 Sep 2022

Overtherainbow wrote:
11 Sep 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Sep 2022
Like I've done so many times before, I release a track too early. I always think it's finished and then a day or two later I find things I want to change. It's like I never learn. :crazy:
I've done a few changes to the track. And I wouldn't be surprised if I made more changes later on. And I also wouldn't be surprised if this is the final version.
download/file.php?id=2379241
Yes something like that :puf_smile:
”Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.” Quote by RT user stillifegaijin.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3560
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 Sep 2022

strangers wrote:
12 Sep 2022
Solid structure and progression, nice work! I saw this RE nicely discounted during the end of summer sale and thought about grabbing it until I remembered I want to put more use into the REs I already have. You can't rule out those simpler synths. Being too the point can be really effective in getting things done rather than being tempted to deep dive into an endless sea of parameters.
Thanks. :puf_smile:
Yes I can relate to all of that. Sometimes it's nice to work with very limited synths.
”Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.” Quote by RT user stillifegaijin.

User avatar
jonnyretina
Posts: 103
Joined: 18 Jun 2022
Location: England

Post 23 Sep 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Sep 2022
strangers wrote:
12 Sep 2022
Solid structure and progression, nice work! I saw this RE nicely discounted during the end of summer sale and thought about grabbing it until I remembered I want to put more use into the REs I already have. You can't rule out those simpler synths. Being too the point can be really effective in getting things done rather than being tempted to deep dive into an endless sea of parameters.
Thanks. :puf_smile:
Yes I can relate to all of that. Sometimes it's nice to work with very limited synths.
I do this all the time. I'm a firm believer that setting yourself limitations is the best way to achieve creative excellence :)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Trendiction [Bot] and 0 guests