(Melodic Techno) ICBWY 124BPM

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2022

Latest melodic track 124bpm.

Any comments on any aspects appreciated.

Mattvank

15 Aug 2022

Fantastic sounds and sequences. But i can´t get the construction.
After the break at: 1:48 rather 2:50 or 3:22 and after that that scene from 1:49 to bring the theme back.

Rising Night Wave

15 Aug 2022

i like the bass-synth melody which perfectly fills the mood and other sounds at the beginning. that fuzzy bass-synth sound at 1:00 is awesome.
at 1:49 it becames a very good techy house song. very nice.

sorry for saying techy house rather than techno. i do not know. for me this is tech-house. sorry if i am incorrect.

overall it is a nice song you know. very well done. like it. thumbs up.

would you explain what ICBWY means?
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

15 Aug 2022

sorry i forgot to comment one more thing:

that muffled sound is very interesting. hehe. really.
actually it is very well done. i like it a lot. - that muffled sound. it looks like something is missing in whole sound. but it does not. very interesting.
after 1:49 the construction releases that muffled sound tension with more mids and highs. as said like it.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

Mattvank wrote:
15 Aug 2022
Fantastic sounds and sequences. But i can´t get the construction.
After the break at: 1:48 rather 2:50 or 3:22 and after that that scene from 1:49 to bring the theme back.
Hi Mattvank thanks for listening.

I am struggling to understand what you mean with the feedback? Are you meaning to bring some of the other changes in earlier and then return to the earlier sounds later on? appreciate you taking the time to help and just trying to fully understand what you mean.

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
15 Aug 2022
i like the bass-synth melody which perfectly fills the mood and other sounds at the beginning. that fuzzy bass-synth sound at 1:00 is awesome.
at 1:49 it becames a very good techy house song. very nice.

sorry for saying techy house rather than techno. i do not know. for me this is tech-house. sorry if i am incorrect.

overall it is a nice song you know. very well done. like it. thumbs up.

would you explain what ICBWY means?
Thanks Rising Night Wave. It could be tech house or melodic techno as it has sounds that straddle both genre's.

ICBWY just means "I cant be without you" which is the words in the vocal sample used at the start and then later in the track (although later versions have vocoder and effects on so are more of a texture). I could not think of what to call the song so decided to use the vocals initials.

The muffled sound is just a pad but then ran through scream, overdrive and wavefactory spectre. Basically it is heavily saturated/distorted but like you i also really like how it ended up and is pretty unique.

Mattvank

15 Aug 2022

Are you meaning to bring some of the other changes in earlier and then return to the earlier sounds later on?

Yes! For me it´s the theme and identity of the track and comes to harsh in that moment.
The Kick is loud too and push it on top.

jakrbt

15 Aug 2022

I like the track. Definitely has a progressive/melodic house feel to it, especially once you hit the drop @ 1:49. I really enjoyed the break just before that to sort of build up some tension and give the listener something to lok forward to. The only critique I have is that the entire track sounds like it's extremely compressed. And it could very well just be the headphones/PC I'm using here at work to listen to it. I'll have to check it out again in the truck on my drive home. But the way it sounds on my current listening gear it's almost like it's just all mids and highs and needs more low end tones. Kicks, basslines.....it just feels......compressed, if that makes any sense. But overall, it's a great track that pulls you in and holds your interest until the very last note. Nice work!
"Without music, life would be a mistake.” —Friedrich Nietzsche

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

Mattvank wrote:
15 Aug 2022
Are you meaning to bring some of the other changes in earlier and then return to the earlier sounds later on?

Yes! For me it´s the theme and identity of the track and comes to harsh in that moment.
The Kick is loud too and push it on top.
Thanks that makes sense. Will look at the kick too. Appreciate the feedback / help.

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

jakrbt wrote:
15 Aug 2022
I like the track. Definitely has a progressive/melodic house feel to it, especially once you hit the drop @ 1:49. I really enjoyed the break just before that to sort of build up some tension and give the listener something to lok forward to. The only critique I have is that the entire track sounds like it's extremely compressed. And it could very well just be the headphones/PC I'm using here at work to listen to it. I'll have to check it out again in the truck on my drive home. But the way it sounds on my current listening gear it's almost like it's just all mids and highs and needs more low end tones. Kicks, basslines.....it just feels......compressed, if that makes any sense. But overall, it's a great track that pulls you in and holds your interest until the very last note. Nice work!
After listening today I tend to agree with the compression. Been trying out the ik distressor clone they gave away recently and may have gone ott. Going to redo the mastering tonight and then can change up the structure a bit when I have more time this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mattvank

15 Aug 2022

Take your time! You can hear the difference.

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

Updated the master and changed some levels (same link as before). Will look at the structure and theme but this will take time. Will post updated link once complete and thanks to those that have fed back so far.

Comments always appreciated :)

RTFX

16 Aug 2022

Proper gain staging ftw.
Much better now!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Aug 2022

RTFX wrote:
16 Aug 2022
Proper gain staging ftw.
Much better now!
Thanks RTFX I agree and have no idea why I over compressed it the first time (but suspect it was cause I had consumed a fair few beers by that point 😂)

Synthopathe

17 Aug 2022

I really enjoyed this. Sounds good in terms of mix and sound design. Especially liked the synth sounds in the second half.

jjpscott01

18 Aug 2022

This sounds awesome man. Very well done
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2022

Synthopathe wrote:
17 Aug 2022
I really enjoyed this. Sounds good in terms of mix and sound design. Especially liked the synth sounds in the second half.
Thanks Synthopathe :thumbup:

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2022

jjpscott01 wrote:
18 Aug 2022
This sounds awesome man. Very well done
Thanks jjpscott01 :thumbup:

• Information