[ambient acoustic piano] Promenade Sentimentale

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Noises

12 Aug 2022

This is Promenade Sentimental by Vladimir Cosma from the French film "Diva".

I recorded and mixed this in Reason using stock devices. I used a lot of eq and reverb. In the end, the mix doesn't match the video, it doesn't sound like a living room in a house :lol: but I decided to see what I could do with post-processing the audio.

jjpscott01

18 Aug 2022

Sounds wonderful. Very relaxing while I sit here at work. Well done
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

bossa
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2022

It's nice to hear and see someone else using Reasonstudio as a DAW for audio recording and not just for technobeats. Your piano sounds very nice to my ears! Very nice the use of the melodica!

Noises

21 Aug 2022

jjpscott01 wrote:
18 Aug 2022
Sounds wonderful. Very relaxing while I sit here at work. Well done
Thank you! I'm glad it brought a little bit of relaxation into your work day! :thumbup:

Noises

21 Aug 2022

bossa wrote:
18 Aug 2022
It's nice to hear and see someone else using Reasonstudio as a DAW for audio recording and not just for technobeats. Your piano sounds very nice to my ears! Very nice the use of the melodica!
Thank you! Lately I have been getting into audio recording. It is very challenging, but a fun challenge. The video was take #100 :D

That Melodica was the best $30 I ever spent!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2022

Hi!

I liked this. Mellow and dreamy, very Satie like.
And the mix is nice, despite what you say. I would like some more development but maybe the song doesn't need more.

Nice sound on the melodica, though it's noticeable that it's on the cheap side. I prefer melodicas with a little more body (I have a Hammond and the sounds is astonishing and the dynamic range, is absurd!). I also have some crappy ones, like a student 22 from hohner. I mean they sound ok, but no body.

Keep them coming, i liked it!

PS.: If you care to get what i mean, here's a little snippet of my melodica:

Noises

26 Aug 2022

mcatalao wrote:
23 Aug 2022
Hi!

I liked this. Mellow and dreamy, very Satie like.
And the mix is nice, despite what you say. I would like some more development but maybe the song doesn't need more.

Nice sound on the melodica, though it's noticeable that it's on the cheap side. I prefer melodicas with a little more body (I have a Hammond and the sounds is astonishing and the dynamic range, is absurd!). I also have some crappy ones, like a student 22 from hohner. I mean they sound ok, but no body.

Keep them coming, i liked it!

PS.: If you care to get what i mean, here's a little snippet of my melodica:

Thanks for the comments! Alas, I did not write this piece. It is by a famous film composer, Vladimir Cosma (although the original is pure piano). I just wanted to illustrate how Reason can be used to record acoustic instruments and post-process. Your Melodica is far superior to the one I have. They are hard to find around these parts other than the student ones. I will try to post more, maybe even an original composition ;)

aerodactylus_

27 Aug 2022

I really enjoyed this. Beautifully played and tastefully processed I would say. Nice work!

Noises

01 Sep 2022

aerodactylus_ wrote:
27 Aug 2022
I really enjoyed this. Beautifully played and tastefully processed I would say. Nice work!
Thank you very much! I am really encouraged to do more. The processing was all using Reason stock devices. RV-7000 is definitely a go to device for me.

• Information