(Weird Progressive Electronica) - Giant Space Squid

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction

Post 05 Aug 2022

This is a weird one. It's mainly built around sonic experimentation, rather than conventional song writing. Most instruments are drenched in different effects.
Some of the most prominent instruments and effects used in this track: Parsec, Megasaur, Oberon, Snakebite, Europa, Crapre2, Echobode.

TritoneAddiction

Post 09 Aug 2022

Updated the mix. The track is now completely finished. No more tweaks. :puf_smile:

wowhow

Post 09 Aug 2022

I love the texture of the sounds!

TritoneAddiction

Post 09 Aug 2022

wowhow wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2022
I love the texture of the sounds!
Thanks. Yeah this track is like 65% about the sounds and 35% about the actual song writing.

wowhow

Post 09 Aug 2022

I like the song writing too.

strangers

Post 09 Aug 2022

This is really cool especially since this gets into the weird industrial territory I've recently been drawn to. I'd be interested to hear more about how you used Echobode on this track. I've had my eye on that RE for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger since it never goes on sale.

TritoneAddiction

Post 10 Aug 2022

wowhow wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2022
I like the song writing too.
Thanks. :puf_smile: I'm quite happy with the track, not strictly for the end result, but because I tried out many new things while making it.

TritoneAddiction

Post 10 Aug 2022

strangers wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2022
This is really cool especially since this gets into the weird industrial territory I've recently been drawn to. I'd be interested to hear more about how you used Echobode on this track. I've had my eye on that RE for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger since it never goes on sale.
Thanks. I haven't payed nearly enough attention to Echobode as I should. It would be interesting to dive into effects like Echobode and Fritz and make patches for them, like I've started doing with synths nowadays. Some day.

These are the two sounds I've used it on. It creates this delay/stutter effect. I'm simply turning up the wet knob at the end of the phrase as you can hear. Both have a bunch of other effects too (unison, phaser, distortion etc). So those things are not Echobodes doing.

RTFX

Post 10 Aug 2022

Perfect track for a certain scene in a certain movie!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel πŸ‘‡πŸΌhttps://www.youtube.com/user/SwordOfGlory1

TritoneAddiction

Post 10 Aug 2022

RTFX wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2022
Thanks for checking it out. Yep I experience this track as a bunch of different scenes. For me it's a very visual track.

RTFX

Post Yesterday

TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2022
RTFX wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2022
Thanks for checking it out. Yep I experience this track as a bunch of different scenes. For me it's a very visual track.
For me too! I like that approach.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel πŸ‘‡πŸΌhttps://www.youtube.com/user/SwordOfGlory1

• Information