[TECH HOUSE] GIRL BOY STYLE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

27 Jul 2022

This is GIRL BOY STYLE.

Straight up tech-house.. main room club style. Thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

craste

27 Jul 2022

Sounds really polished, nice sounds, ear candy and panning, nice effects going on. Good stuff!

danc

30 Jul 2022

craste wrote:
27 Jul 2022
Sounds really polished, nice sounds, ear candy and panning, nice effects going on. Good stuff!
Thanks CRASTE.... appreciate the listen and comments.

I've been working on this. Version TWO has just been uploaded. I still want to work on the arrangement. But it's getting there.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

04 Aug 2022

craste wrote:
27 Jul 2022
Even more polished and finished off... old version has been switched off...

please listen via new uploaded link...

Check my Soundcloud:

ReasonOCD

05 Aug 2022

Sounds good, musical choice/sounds is subjective however the overuse of compression causes immediate fatigue, to my ears anyhow

danc

05 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
05 Aug 2022
Sounds good, musical choice/sounds is subjective however the overuse of compression causes immediate fatigue, to my ears anyhow
Thanks for listening and comments.

Interesting that you think it's over compressed and causes fatigue.

In the mix there is compression on the kick and bass, but it's subtle.

In the mastering chain the sonible smart comp
2 compressor is only being pushed down by around 2db and the attack/decay is set pretty well... and the ff pro-L2 limiter is only being pushed down by around 3db and again attack/decay is pretty good... which in the scheme of mastering, this amount of comp/limiting in negligable compared to other commercial tech house tracks. Yes... the kick is loud but not squashed, but that is the intention of the track. And the bass ducks really neatly around the kick (using trackspacer and laser). which is just a bit shorter than 1/8th bar so is gone before it gets in the way.

Anyone else think its over compressed?
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information