[TECH HOUSE] DISCO SUCKS - FUNKY MONKEY

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

19 Jul 2022

Here's FUNKY MONKEY ... where "groove is king"!

The groove gets really pushed here with poly-meter arps, with overlapping poly-rhythms. The arps are like bat (or maybe it's submarine) sonar sounds, rather than musical tunes... but it works for me!!! And... I've added a few UVI Dual Delay X's, followed by 2C Breeze reverbs.. added into various buses to add interest. This is certainly one of my favourite delays at the moment. I still use Reason's ECHO relentlessly and they UVI DDX and ECHO compliment each other really well.

I've intentionally left some corners messy, to give it a live production feel. Like... I decided to make some really cool drums and then let them just run throughout... quite different from my other tracks where I change the drums frequently.

And... to keep UMAN happy. VERY LITTLE vocals. Just a few interspersed to emphasise the rising and dropping of sections.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

20 Jul 2022

Version 2 posted just now:

- Arrangement has been improved.
- Removed some annoying resonances.
- Levelled out some of the vocal stems, as they weren't consistent. And also changed some of them, as there were a few repeats that jarred. And... given more space around the vox so that they are clearer.
- Improved one of the arps, reducing down the release in places to give room for other things. And pushed the delay into feedback distortion in a few subtle places.
- Added a second gap at beginning, as Soundcloud can make a nasty click if your music starts too soon.
- And the rest you can decide yourself what I've improved.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

22 Jul 2022

Version 3 posted just now:

- Cleaned up the mix.... e.g. the bass is tighter. The overall mix now works much better on smaller, less capable speakers, whilst having all the low lows for those speakers that have the capability.
- Vox has been glued into the mix - less "separate, on top" sounding.
- Drops are now really deep drops.
- Added some jazz inspired melody arps, that lead up to the drops... to emphasise the drops more.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information