Uman's : "Funky Beat Style" (Jam)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Uman's

14 Jul 2022

Hi all,

One of my rare attempts to mimic a real group of musicians.

The experience is not easy ! :puf_bigsmile:

Your comments are welcome. ;)

- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2022

I like it, it does capture the vibe of a bunch of musicians meeting up to jam away

Uman's

16 Jul 2022

Thanks my friend, that was the idea !

moofi

16 Jul 2022

The sound of jamming is already quite well done, then I´m missing some irregulations, a little human touch to the playing, a turning up the guitar amp with a hum plsu feedback before starting to actually play, also some laying hands on the instruments before playing the riff, something like some testing chords or whatsoever. Aswell some variation in the way the riffs are played. Currently it feels they are simply being repeated with identical emphasis, sound, colour, intensity. Players like Enlightened Speed´s Note Filter and Note Alter to introduce probability and variation of notes and velocities can help here a lot. Slight keyboard slides or string touches for the guitar on top can add additional feeling.
I find the clap to lessen the illusion of a live jam because it sounds synthetic and is placed quite upfront in the middle even though it could come from an actual synth. Would experiment with roomier reverbs here.

Altogether already mostly a good catch on the sound side of things. Just still too perfect sounding for a true jam I find. :-)

Uman's

16 Jul 2022

Hi,
Moofi wrote:a hum plsu
Sorry what is this ?

Thank you for your wonderful analysis and your very good advice.
You're totaly right ! I will take it into account !

perhaps a Version V4 ? :lol:

• Information