(Soundtrack 80's Pop Synthwave) Looking for Feedback on Fake Soundtrack

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
homemadenoise

13 Jul 2022

Should have asked earlier since I am close to being done with it all. Since no one will let me make a soundtrack or score their movie I imagine one and make a fake one. This is form that. The inspiration is an 80's B Sci-fi cop movie "starring" David Carradine and his partner Wing Hauser. Basically an excuse to use Linndrum on every track. This is a little more chill as it's supposed to be for the budget blowing helicopter rental flyover footage. Anyway and suggest feedback appreciated. My wife says it's fine but she is baised.

Synthopathe

14 Jul 2022

It definitely had a nice soundtrack feel to it. The instruments sounded clear and bright. Maybe the drums were a bit repetitive? I enjoyed the melodies and flow of the track, good stuff.

Uman's

14 Jul 2022

Hi,

It's a bit unexpected.
The instruments sound a bit cheap and indeed the drums are a bit repetitive.

is the melody unfinished?

Nevertheless, I like the "old school" side of the whole thing. The Track is very pleasant.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

homemadenoise

14 Jul 2022

Yeah probably need some fills and variations.

Citizencain23

15 Jul 2022

I like the drums, matches the style you're going for perfectly.
John Carpenter cyborg cop thriller "the long dark" ha, thats what i felt!
Ends too soon, repeat main melody with a dirty downtuned synth for the ultimate finish.
Although thats my answer to all of lives problems :)

strangers
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2022

Aside from what's already been said about variations, I wouldn't mind some added tape warble on the synths to really enhance the 80's vibe.

Heigen5

15 Jul 2022

Liking the chill melodies and arps. Some smooth sounds in this. Me liked this.

• Information