(Metal) RBM feat. arthur - Satanic Panic (Metal Version)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
killhamster

08 Jun 2022

A preview of sorts of one of the remixes I plan on releasing on a single. The original was sort of industrial and I wanted to go ahead and make a completely metal version, inspired by bands like White Zombie and (early) Tool. Mostly done in the box with Bass Line Generator, the discontinued A-List players, the Reason Drum Kits RE, one of the Kuassa amps, and Guitar Rig 6 for some of the other guitar tones. I spent way too much time tweaking and programming little drum fills, but this is the first time I've gone whole hog with the RDK RE instead of just using a preset and relatively simple patterns.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2022

Great stuff you done here. The blend of metal and industrial is very well balanced and I know it is not an easy task. The bass is excellent, is it Reason Electric Bass? Guitars are very good too, and I love the speech inserts. The only thing I would trim is the level of the snare drum, too loud for my tastes. Overall, an excellent piece of music!

killhamster

09 Jun 2022

Good ear, it is the Reason bass RE, run through a Scream, an amp sim, and some EQ to fatten it up a little.

I knocked the snare down a touch; I gave it a listen on earbuds instead of nice headphones and monitors and you were right, it was just a little too loud.

strangers
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2022

Very cool song. The mix is also nice and clean even if the snare pokes out a little too much. I can definitely hear the Tool influence throughout the song.

It's fun mixing electronic elements with metal even though it can turn into quite a rabbit hole. I've found myself bouncing tracks to commit to them ASAP otherwise I could tweak sounds for days without really getting anything done.

• Information