[Dark Future Garage] Nomad

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
chimp_spanner

05 Jun 2022

Something way different from my usual - this one was started on iPad (iMaschine 2) literally years ago. Dug out the percussion loop from it but realised I'd lost the project so, re-made it all. I feel like there's a lot more I could do but I'm trying to be a bit more creative and less picky.

Also for anyone curious, the artwork was made with Midjourney - an *amazing* prompt based AI. Had a lot of fun with it!

PhillipOrdonez

06 Jun 2022

Yeh. Badmann. 🕺 Love this. Everything, except the arpeggio, is dope.

chimp_spanner

06 Jun 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Jun 2022
Yeh. Badmann. 🕺 Love this. Everything, except the arpeggio, is dope.
Haha thanks man - yeah tbh the arp I was a little in two minds about. I just needed another layer, but sonically it's a little out of place (it's almost like, chiptune or something). Maybe I'll revisit it!

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2022

yeah this is a very nice track, love the tension and release and the mix sounds great. Even though i love arps i would agree with Phillip on this and i am not sure it is truly needed.

chimp_spanner

07 Jun 2022

Thanks! I’ve since replaced it with a patch from Klang, so it fits in more with the drums. So good shout!

• Information