[Electro] RTFX | Séitah

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
RTFX

31 May 2022

This is the soundtrack of your first interplanetary flight🪐
Drums: Kong
Lead: Sylenth1
Square Plucks: Europa
Pads: NNXT
303 patterns: ABL3
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2022

👍 liked the vibe on the intro and all sounds are good. If I am being picky I would have liked a few tweaks/modulations to change up the repetition a bit more with the main lead but very solid enjoyable tune.

RTFX

15 Jun 2022

Popey wrote:
04 Jun 2022
👍 liked the vibe on the intro and all sounds are good. If I am being picky I would have liked a few tweaks/modulations to change up the repetition a bit more with the main lead but very solid enjoyable tune.
Thanx for tuning in, mate!
I see where ur coming from when it comes to repetition. I really wanted the synth to be the main leading, reoccuring red thread.
So I did.
To prevent boredom, I added ear candy. i.e. screams, wooshes, reversed reverb, pads, pitchchanges, the vocal samples and foley.
But yeah, youre right. The track shouldnt have been 1 minute longer haha.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

22 Jun 2022

first of all, i'm not much into the classic song form anymore so this is kind of an outside perspective.

there is a pleasant sense of logic in the way the elements are introduced. i have heard so much music recently which introduces new instruments and phrases in a way that seems completely random to me, like just for the sake of having a new element. when the pads/drums/synth kick in here, it sounds "right" and belonging to the rest. on the negative side the drums and synth have a choppy feel about them that only vanishes when everything plays at once. i guess both things i mentioned are consequence of a subtractive approach to composition where you finish a loop first, then deconstruct it into a full track.

edit: deleted my criticism of the mix, the fault was in my setup.

RTFX

22 Jun 2022

Chizmata wrote:
22 Jun 2022
first of all, i'm not much into the classic song form anymore so this is kind of an outside perspective.

there is a pleasant sense of logic in the way the elements are introduced. i have heard so much music recently which introduces new instruments and phrases in a way that seems completely random to me, like just for the sake of having a new element. when the pads/drums/synth kick in here, it sounds "right" and belonging to the rest. on the negative side the drums and synth have a choppy feel about them that only vanishes when everything plays at once. i guess both things i mentioned are consequence of a subtractive approach to composition where you finish a loop first, then deconstruct it into a full track.

Lol. ThNx for checking out man!
I fully agree when it comes to building a structure of a track.
Mostly i indeed create a loop of 16 or sometimes 32 bars.
When finished and satisfied, the fun part begins. Building an arrangement with all fx, eqing and automation
Sometimes frustrAting, but mostly pure fun!
But could you please rephrase your comment?
Theres not so much left after your edit about the mix haha

Chizmata

22 Jun 2022

RTFX wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Chizmata wrote:
22 Jun 2022

Lol. ThNx for checking out man!
I fully agree when it comes to building a structure of a track.
Mostly i indeed create a loop of 16 or sometimes 32 bars.
When finished and satisfied, the fun part begins. Building an arrangement with all fx, eqing and automation
Sometimes frustrAting, but mostly pure fun!
But could you please rephrase your comment?
Theres not so much left after your edit about the mix haha
my comment on the mix was nonsense, my setup was messed up while i wrote that. theres nothing relevant wrong with the mix.

Uman's

23 Jun 2022

Hi,

It sounds good and all the sounds are well placed in the sound space.

It reminds me of a somewhat forgotten style like what used to be called the "New beat".
Like this one :

As our friends say here, it's quite repetitive but it's also the style that wants this.
We actually feel that everything is built around a single loop.

I think, however, in your case, that you should have dragged out the theme longer, more gradually.
You gave everything from your loop practically from the start of the track and then everything is done.
Sometimes you have to know how to make us salivate ! :lol:

Ps : I think "french kiss" is a good example of what I wanted to say. ;)
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2022

I'm normally not a fan of very repetitive music but I really liked this track. The recurring theme works well since you did a great job of keeping interest with all of the effects, automation and additional elements. Even if you know what the beat or riff is going to be you've added life in a creative way that doesn't force me to move the mouse and think, "2 minutes in... is this going anywhere else?" followed by skipping ahead. Really good use of wooshes, too. It helps the track progress.

Nice work!

RTFX

26 Jun 2022

Uman's wrote:
23 Jun 2022
Hi,

It sounds good and all the sounds are well placed in the sound space.

It reminds me of a somewhat forgotten style like what used to be called the "New beat".
Like this one :

As our friends say here, it's quite repetitive but it's also the style that wants this.
We actually feel that everything is built around a single loop.

I think, however, in your case, that you should have dragged out the theme longer, more gradually.
You gave everything from your loop practically from the start of the track and then everything is done.
Sometimes you have to know how to make us salivate ! :lol:

Ps : I think "french kiss" is a good example of what I wanted to say. ;)
I understand you when it comes to the repetitive nature of the track.
You could call it repetitive, on the other hand you could call it hypnotic.
French kiss for example is very repetitive, especially the extended version haha, but very hypnotic too.
Very repetetive, but still very exciting though!
I suggest you give Seitah another listen and you might hear some details you missed out the first time you heard it.
Maybe the song grows on you.
Thank you for checking out Seitah.
Next track is almost finished.
Stay tuned!

Uman's

26 Jun 2022

Hi Popey !
RTFX wrote:
26 Jun 2022

French kiss for example is very repetitive, especially the extended version haha
It's true ! you're right ! :puf_bigsmile:
RTFX wrote:
26 Jun 2022
I suggest you give Seitah another listen and you might hear some details you missed out the first time you heard it.
There are details, but that doesn't fill a small melodic gap and a finer approach.
I'm sorry for being so frank. :oops:
Who loves well chatises as well !

But I'm a pain in the ass who likes people to surpass themselves.
RTFX wrote:
26 Jun 2022
Stay tuned!
For sure ! :lol:
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

RTFX

06 Jul 2022

strangers wrote:
23 Jun 2022
I'm normally not a fan of very repetitive music but I really liked this track. The recurring theme works well since you did a great job of keeping interest with all of the effects, automation and additional elements. Even if you know what the beat or riff is going to be you've added life in a creative way that doesn't force me to move the mouse and think, "2 minutes in... is this going anywhere else?" followed by skipping ahead. Really good use of wooshes, too. It helps the track progress.

Nice work!
Thank you for your comment strangers!
You are right.
I knew it was a kind of repetitive theme, so i indeed tried to break the pattern by adding the ear candy you mentioned.
Very glad you noticed and put the repetetiveness in perspective!

• Information