(techno) Pop Plant - (Now Heartsplant)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

23 May 2022

This track all started from trying out the new modulators in Phaseplant v2 when I created the bass patch . I still need to mix and master this but any comments good, bad or ugly appreciated so I can make changes before i get to that stage :)

Last edited by Popey on 28 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

24 May 2022

It sounds already very powerfula at this stage! The intro is very good, I only find the transition to the first beat with the snare drum at 1:31 being too weak and thin compared to the booming and majestic intro. I love the Goa-ish rimshots echoing throughout the track. Very well done, great tune!

Popey
Competition Winner

25 May 2022

Quarmat wrote:
24 May 2022
It sounds already very powerfula at this stage! The intro is very good, I only find the transition to the first beat with the snare drum at 1:31 being too weak and thin compared to the booming and majestic intro. I love the Goa-ish rimshots echoing throughout the track. Very well done, great tune!
Thanks for the feedback Quarmat, appreciated :)

I had put a high pass filter on the snares in the drop but you are right they sound better with a bit more low end beef. Going to try and get this finished at the weekend and have identified a few places to improve (including around the drop) so will post the link once complete and mixed/mastered.

Popey
Competition Winner

28 May 2022

finished this today and renamed it :)

RTFX

28 May 2022

Good thing you thinned out the intro a bit. Bit less lowend if im correct compared to V1.
Somehow the transition to the drop or the drop (1:30) itself could be more emphasized.
Like going up at the start of a rollercoaster and when you go down, you Really go down.
Catch my drift?
To my taste you could turn down the lowend in the whole track just a smitch, its overwhelming compared to the mids en highs, but mind you, not in an annoying way.
Furthermore its all crispy and crackley.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

28 May 2022

RTFX wrote:
28 May 2022
Good thing you thinned out the intro a bit. Bit less lowend if im correct compared to V1.
Somehow the transition to the drop or the drop (1:30) itself could be more emphasized.
Like going up at the start of a rollercoaster and when you go down, you Really go down.
Catch my drift?
To my taste you could turn down the lowend in the whole track just a smitch, its overwhelming compared to the mids en highs, but mind you, not in an annoying way.
Furthermore its all crispy and crackley.
Hi thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure about the bass myself and maybe overdid it a bit as. By crispy and crackly do you mean over distorted in a bad way? Been trying using a clipper before limiter and wondered what might cause this.

RTFX

28 May 2022

Popey wrote:
28 May 2022
By crispy and crackly do you mean over distorted in a bad way? Been trying using a clipper before limiter and wondered what might cause this.
I meant your track has clarity and sounds good.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

28 May 2022

RTFX wrote:
28 May 2022
Popey wrote:
28 May 2022
By crispy and crackly do you mean over distorted in a bad way? Been trying using a clipper before limiter and wondered what might cause this.
I meant your track has clarity and sounds good.
Ah I get you. I mix in headphones so i was wondering if you were hearing something i wasnt :lol:

did a few more tweaks on this and tried to improve the drop but I still probably need to learn to make better ones.

• Information