[synth pop, new wave, etc] Burden of Proof remix ep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

13 May 2022

I've been spamming RT a bit recently, sorry. Anyway here's some remixes of the song Burden of Proof from my recent album Optical. I really liked it but kind of did a rush job on mixing and mastering it, and wasn't 100% happy with how it came out. I've beefed up the drums with some Pulveriser and reworked the levels on the vocals. It had kinda blatant New Order vibe to it musically so I tried my best to sing like Bernard Sumner (ie nonsense lyrics not particularly tuneful, not as successfully as I'd liked and oh man my NZ accent is really obvious here)... I dunno, but in the spirit of the thing I've done a few different mixes somewhat like how they did with the Confusion single. It was quite interesting to make so I might do the same thing with another song from the same album next.

mimidancer

13 May 2022

rorystorm wrote:
13 May 2022
I've been spamming RT a bit recently, sorry. Anyway here's some remixes of the song Burden of Proof from my recent album Optical. I really liked it but kind of did a rush job on mixing and mastering it, and wasn't 100% happy with how it came out. I've beefed up the drums with some Pulveriser and reworked the levels on the vocals. It had kinda blatant New Order vibe to it musically so I tried my best to sing like Bernard Sumner (ie nonsense lyrics not particularly tuneful, not as successfully as I'd liked and oh man my NZ accent is really obvious here)... I dunno, but in the spirit of the thing I've done a few different mixes somewhat like how they did with the Confusion single. It was quite interesting to make so I might do the same thing with another song from the same album next.

Reminds me of VNV nation (that is a good thing). Bring the vocals a little more forward. Jemaine Clement decriminalized the NZ accent. don't be so self-conscious. BE well

rorystorm

13 May 2022

Well I was a big fan of the sisters of mercy's floodland back in the day, so I can see the connection there - similar influences. Thanks for your kind words!

Uman's

13 May 2022

Hi

"sisters of mercy's" ??

my youth is far away.

I too thought a lot about the music of those years while listening to you.

The thing that shocks me a little but does not surprise my brain out of
habit is that I have the impression of hearing my audiotapes from the time.

The sound is a bit cavernous and the treble crushed.

It was a great pleasure to listen. Thanks.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

rorystorm

14 May 2022

Uman's wrote:
13 May 2022
Hi

"sisters of mercy's" ??

my youth is far away.

I too thought a lot about the music of those years while listening to you.

The thing that shocks me a little but does not surprise my brain out of
habit is that I have the impression of hearing my audiotapes from the time.

The sound is a bit cavernous and the treble crushed.

It was a great pleasure to listen. Thanks.
Thanks man, yup, indulging in nostalgia is one of the few pleasures of getting older. With this i slightly over compressed the sound and knocked a bit of the top end off to get a tape like feel.

Uman's

14 May 2022

So it's successful ! :lol:
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

rorystorm

16 May 2022

This has had a whole lot of downloads. Thanks to anyone from RT that's picked up on this!

• Information