[Disco-House] Sorreley

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat

Post 11 May 2022

Hey there!

I have always been in love with vocoders, and obviously I welcomed the new BV-X. Powerful, inspiring and customisable little toy. I made a song where all the vocals are processed by BV-X. Nothing too experimental, just plain good old-school vocoding. But it was super fun to write.

As usual, comments and critique are welcome.

Have a nice day!

strangers

Post 11 May 2022

I'm not big on vocoders but enjoyed listening to this. I could see this playing while watching a montage of something. The song is a fun time. Good work!

klasson

Post 11 May 2022

The part that starts at 3:16 could be the whole track for me, so groovy! :thumbup:

Quarmat

Post 11 May 2022

Thank you guys, much appreciated!

mimidancer

Post 12 May 2022

Quarmat wrote:
11 May 2022
Hey there!

I have always been in love with vocoders, and obviously I welcomed the new BV-X. Powerful, inspiring and customisable little toy. I made a song where all the vocals are processed by BV-X. Nothing too experimental, just plain good old-school vocoding. But it was super fun to write.

As usual, comments and critique are welcome.

Have a nice day!

I would stay on the floor for this one. Its idiosyncratic nature makes it distinct and enjoyable. You sir, have style.

Popey

Post 12 May 2022

Very cool track. I heard a snippet on soundcloud earlier this week and wanted to go back to listen fully. Really cracking production and arrangement.

killhamster

Post 12 May 2022

Very groovy, great French house feel to it. Conceptually, you nailed it. Sonically something doesn't sit quite right with me. I feel like it needs more low end and width. Still very cool though.

Quarmat

Post 12 May 2022

mimidancer wrote:
12 May 2022
I would stay on the floor for this one. Its idiosyncratic nature makes it distinct and enjoyable. You sir, have style.
Thank you, Mimi!
Popey wrote:
12 May 2022
Really cracking production and arrangement.
Thanks Popey, but I am not yet satisfied on the tonal balance. I still have to improve on that. Thank you for your nice words tho!
killhamster wrote:
12 May 2022
Very groovy, great French house feel to it. Conceptually, you nailed it. Sonically something doesn't sit quite right with me. I feel like it needs more low end and width. Still very cool though.
Thank you Killhamster, I know the low end on my tracks is weak, and I am struggling to figure out why. I will find out eventually!
Last edited by Quarmat on 12 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Uman's

Post 12 May 2022

Hi

written this way, it inevitably makes one think of "Daft Punk".
The set sounds just like them, a bit cavernous.

Apart from these considerations, for me the whole thing is too slow, I would like it more with reading speed.

It remains well mixed and the theme well exploited.

Nice job !
- Ex member of the forum "Reason France" -

Quarmat

Post 24 May 2022

Uman's wrote:
12 May 2022
Hi

written this way, it inevitably makes one think of "Daft Punk".
The set sounds just like them, a bit cavernous.

Apart from these considerations, for me the whole thing is too slow, I would like it more with reading speed.

It remains well mixed and the theme well exploited.

Nice job !
I won't try to hide: daft punk are probably my biggest source of inspiration (or shameless plagiarism?)! Discovery in particular was a revelation for me when it came out 21 years ago now. Holy smokes I feel old.

Thanks for listening to my track Uman's!

Ce n'est pourtant pas une mauvaise chose qu'un sound français ait fait tant de prosélytes dans le monde, n'est-ce pas ?

Quarmat

Post 12 Jun 2022

If you missed it, the making of of this song has been featured on Reason Studios official YouTube channel!

Uman's

Post 17 Jun 2022

Haha! I understood everything now the reason why !
Discovery in particular was a revelation for me
I liked it a lot too!
Ce n'est pourtant pas une mauvaise chose qu'un sound français ait fait tant de prosélytes dans le monde, n'est-ce pas ?
The vocoder did not wait for Daft Punk to exist, fortunately.
But I admit that I too have reproduced once or twice their instruments in my tracks.

See you soon friend.
- Ex member of the forum "Reason France" -

bluedog_sd

Post 27 Jun 2022

Love it!

I feel like I stepped into a New Daft Punk session -- something new since the breakup!

I never deeply followed Daft Punk but their hits were always fun on the dance floor. You definitely are doing justice to the disco vocoder sound that I always associated with them :)
I'm Mark :puf_smile:
The guy who built a touch device MIDI controller for the SSL on TouchOSC - JQD Mirror
https://jqdmirror.com/

• Information