Just a sketch

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mimidancer

10 May 2022

this is a sketch I recorded a couple of months ago just for memory. It is crusty and riddled with noise as intended. In my head, I am on a grassy steppe in a gentle breeze but a storm is coming.

Mich01

10 May 2022

Very nice. I think it fits well as the background for some melodic and/or rythmic pieces. But it sounds pretty in itself as well.
What instruments did you use for this one?

greetzz Michel

mimidancer

10 May 2022

Mich01 wrote:
10 May 2022
Very nice. I think it fits well as the background for some melodic and/or rythmic pieces. But it sounds pretty in itself as well.
What instruments did you use for this one?

greetzz Michel
Yeah, just a sketch. I know it is not a complete idea. I used decent sampler for the violin track. *slinky violin-it was sampled with a slinky hanging from the bow by sound designer Dave Hilowitz. That is where the weird convolution like reverb sounds comes from. The destroyed string sound is a room ambient noise sample that has been notched so that it resonates with pitch. Learned that from the venus theory guy. The glock is also a decent sampler instrument. every instrument and effect on this is a free vst. All recording and midi in reason(not free) I did use the Arturia Mello fi device, but in my defense, I got it for free when they gave it away. I also used bluecat to run some of the free vst3 devices. It kills CPU but it does work. Thanks for listening. My husband can only take so much. Be well.

Mich01

11 May 2022

Nice setup. Thanks for sharing

Greetzz Michel

strangers
Competition Winner

11 May 2022

Soundcloud link no longer works. Will you be reposting the link?

mimidancer

12 May 2022

strangers wrote:
11 May 2022
Soundcloud link no longer works. Will you be reposting the link?
It was just a weird idea born of an internet challenge. I turned it back to private yesterday as I grew wholly consumed by insecurity. I really didn't think anyone would notice. Probably why I became a pediatrician instead of a musician. You can be assured that it was not a life-changing idea. I'll never stop playing and writing. Perhaps I will become famous after death, like Emily Dickenson. Probably not. Be well.

• Information