(Techno/Trance) Know

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2022

Really trying to improve my mixes especially compression (but trying to retain some dynamic range). Any comments appreciated

RTFX

25 Apr 2022

Typing while listening.
First imp: very, very clear and crisp. Kick and sub are melting like two persons making love. No mud at all even on my lowend heavy jbl heads.
Track gets better and better every minute. Hats have enough highend without being sharp in the 3khz range. Nice and airy.
Did u reference to pink noise?
It really sounds excellent to my ears.
That horn type of lead (or did u tweak that sylenth1 preset from tiesto lethal industry?) could be little less in volume, but now i’m splitting hairs.
Vocal sample and panflute fit perfect.
All reverb is spot on! And the panning delays too.
Good use of the stereofield!
I could go on putting my tongue in your arse, butbif you mixed and mastered this yourself, you did a pretty damn good job!
Looking out for more!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2022

RTFX wrote:
25 Apr 2022
Typing while listening.
First imp: very, very clear and crisp. Kick and sub are melting like two persons making love. No mud at all even on my lowend heavy jbl heads.
Track gets better and better every minute. Hats have enough highend without being sharp in the 3khz range. Nice and airy.
Did u reference to pink noise?
It really sounds excellent to my ears.
That horn type of lead (or did u tweak that sylenth1 preset from tiesto lethal industry?) could be little less in volume, but now i’m splitting hairs.
Vocal sample and panflute fit perfect.
All reverb is spot on! And the panning delays too.
Good use of the stereofield!
I could go on putting my tongue in your arse, butbif you mixed and mastered this yourself, you did a pretty damn good job!
Looking out for more!
Thanks RTFX appreciate the feedback.

All the mixing and mastering is done by me and an area I am particularly focusing on at the moment. Feedback I have received consistenly has been about the mix of my music hence this focus. I have referenced to pink noise in the past but now just set levels by ear (will have to have a second look at the volume on the horn lead I made in serum). I definately did not use enough compression before but am still mindful about not overdoing it.

Appreciate the comments about reverb/delays too as started setting up different sends for different parts of the track as opposed to just sending everything to one verb. I found sculpting the verb etc with eq afterwards makes a massive difference. Basically just been watching loads of you tube videos and picking up things I did not have a clue about before.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2022

Updated this track based on feedback from RTFX and a friend. any feedback appreciated :-)

RTFX

28 Apr 2022

Thanx for following on soundcloud man! But I dont put any energy in SC no more.
You can follow me on the Tube though😀
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2022

RTFX wrote:
28 Apr 2022
Thanx for following on soundcloud man! But I dont put any energy in SC no more.
You can follow me on the Tube though😀
No worries, subscribed to your YouTube. I am enjoying some of your soundcloud stuff too though.

Uman's

29 Apr 2022

Hi Popey !

"this record must be play LOUD"

I like it, it gives joy and enthusiasm.

The sound suits me very well as well.
You made a lot of little instruments that walk around.
I would like them more portable between the two ears (pan play)
Some are played with one finger, aren't they? ((this is not a review)

Hope google don't gave me the bad words !

Good Job !
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
29 Apr 2022
Hi Popey !

"this record must be play LOUD"

I like it, it gives joy and enthusiasm.

The sound suits me very well as well.
You made a lot of little instruments that walk around.
I would like them more portable between the two ears (pan play)
Some are played with one finger, aren't they? ((this is not a review)

Hope google don't gave me the bad words !

Good Job !
Thanks for listening Uman's. There is some panning on this but I get what you mean 🙂

I use all my fingers to play but have no musical training so just go with what feels right.. usually playing the timing first before moving the midi to notes that sound good to me. They probably could be played with one finger🤣

Mattvank

01 May 2022

I like the background sounds and how well it is mixed together.

Popey
Competition Winner

01 May 2022

Mattvank wrote:
01 May 2022
I like the background sounds and how well it is mixed together.

Uman's

01 May 2022

Popey wrote:
30 Apr 2022

Thanks for listening Uman's. There is some panning on this but I get what you mean 🙂
Yes I was talking about the pans not being fixed.
This would make them more lively and attractive.
Popey wrote:
30 Apr 2022
I use all my fingers to play but have no musical training so just go with what feels right.. usually playing the timing first before moving the midi to notes that sound good to me. They probably could be played with one finger🤣
This is also my problem. I do not play finger but without musical training and knowledge, it feels.

What saves you much better than me is that you choose your sounds better than me,
and that the whole thing sounds very good.

It's interesting for me to see what to do.
Thanks for all
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

craste

07 May 2022

Love this sounds nice and the groove just pushes forward all the time and makes your head nod.

Dabbler

07 May 2022

sweet.

i am entranced.

thedjjudah

15 May 2022

Hey, man, that was some solid production. The bass sounded really good, the bassline really drives the track, as someone said.
Was that BLG-inspired?

Everything in the track sounds great! This track is 100% radio/DJ ready. Good job.

Popey
Competition Winner

16 May 2022

thedjjudah wrote:
15 May 2022
Hey, man, that was some solid production. The bass sounded really good, the bassline really drives the track, as someone said.
Was that BLG-inspired?

Everything in the track sounds great! This track is 100% radio/DJ ready. Good job.
Thanks for the kind words. I do have BLG but did not use it in this track. I should use it more though as it is a fun player device.

• Information