[techno] Rising Night Wave - Struck By Lightning [FINISHED]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

08 Apr 2022

yo. hello.

here is my latest and newest song.
style is techno.
FFS i have finished mixing and mastering. yuhey.hehe.
well, okey, here is the song:

for reference here is the same song but not proprly mixed and unmastered:

please tell me how well i did mixing and mastering.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

RTFX

08 Apr 2022

Yo hello.
My 2 cents about mix and master:
Could be more separation between kick and sub.
I must say i chrcked out the unmastered version verse and yes, you made improvements with the final version.
If you either separate more and or give the kick more punch, i think you will feel the track more. Especially since theres no clap or snare on the 1/2 beat. The kick should kick me in the stomach. Now its power dissapears in the muddy lowend the sub causes. SepArate or sidechain the shit out of it!
Give you kick more punch. Cut out the 500hz area a bit and see if u have to add around 100-120. Find that sweet spot.
The hats and percussion are a little occupying same frequency and theres not enough air imo.
Did u use a good reference track or did u compare your spec analyzer to pink noise?
Maybe the hats and such get more feeling and air if u pan them more. Give there own place in stereofield. They all soundcpretty mono to me now.
Your lead sounds fine. I would eq it bit more to give it more balls but thats me.
Ask yourself: would my track drag me and other people to the dancefloor?
Anyway my thumb is sore.
No offense bro, just answering your question.
Youre always welcome to critisize or comment or review my tracks.
I love to hear your opjnion about mine.
Keep it up!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Rising Night Wave

10 Apr 2022

Hi RTFX. Am, sorry for saying this: I will reply to your comment soon. ATM I am not in the mood. Naaah, too much of coffee and I became tired and sleepy.

Am, the next day I slept over the track and found it bad mixed. Drums were not loud enough and highs were too much loud.
So today I repaired it by setting loudness faders to more proper position. And then at the end corrected settings for mastering section.
I hope now is better. I uploaded the new version. The unmixed and unmastered version remains same.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Uman's

14 Apr 2022

Where is the tail and where is the head ?

Sorry, for me it doesn't express anything. Nothing happens, it's too repetitive endlessly.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Chizmata

20 Apr 2022

i think you have some good ideas here that freshen up the techno approach, mainly the flip of rhythmic attenuation through the breaks. i think the mix doesnt have many issues but one crucial one: it lacks subbass power in the finished version. its probably due to overcompression or -limiting. also the kick might be a little out of tune and hit some ticks late. i think the raw version at around 2:40 represents the amount of bass power you are going for quite well; i would return to the raw version and do the following: 1. add some top end to the whole track, 2. shift the kick some ticks left and play on its tuning, 3rd add a very tiny amount of hard compression or limiting just to round it off a little. then it should be good to go.

edit: i also agree with a lot that RTFX said if you wanna go deeper, but i think just adding some top end to the raw version is a quick and simple fix you might wanna try first.

Rising Night Wave

20 Apr 2022

Hi Chizmata. Thank you for your comment. Yes,i know, the bass drum or the kick drum is too quiet.
Problem is with my approach i had with this song for mixing and mastering.

1. i did loudness faders
2. then i set panning and stereo imagiing
3. then i did fx send/return (reverb, echo and so on)
4. then i did EQing
5. and finally i did compressioning and limiting

Well, this approach is incorrect. Because with EQing i have teared up the loudness harmony.

I will have to repair this song using yours advices if I will know how to do it. I am not that experted with mastering.
Or at least I think that correcting the loudness faders will solve this problem.

When I will do the correction I will upload the new mixed and mastered version and notice you guys here.
Till then thank you all for your listening and commenting.

Cheers.

killhamster

21 Apr 2022

Really digging your techno offerings, they remind me of the first time I walked into a rave and was faced down with a stark wall of bass, the DJs would spin techno and trance and this one took me back to that echoey, cavernous room full of people there for the music.

As for the kick and bass that folks have mentioned, do you do any sidechaining for that? Having the bass duck just enough when the kick hits can really add some punchiness and definition and keep it from getting lost or muddy.

• Information