instrumental track

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
reduk

03 Apr 2022

Hello,

a new track, intrumental, made with reason 10 and a few vst ( tal audio, repro).
Good listening
Best regards

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2022

That is a very beautiful piece of music. Might be better in the reason music thread though.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2022

I liked it a lot. Beautiful melody indeed. Clearly theres'a lot of effort and attention to the detail.

It reminds me of the ending credits music of a Japanese animation film from the late 70s but im unsure of which. Very nice chord progression, both in the verse and in the brisge.

The only thing that I would change is the volume of the lead: it's too harsh in the mid-high frequencises and I think it would benefit an EQ treatment to de-harsh some of its more ear-piercing frequencises. But, overall, very good track. Good job!

reduk

04 Apr 2022

Thank you so much for your comments, you are right about harsh frequencies 😉

Uman's

04 Apr 2022

Hi,

I quite like the brilliant side of the lead precisely.
It's a bit old-fashioned like Mike Oldifeld or the B-sides of Depeche Mode would have done.
This is not a criticism on the contrary.
It's nice to follow a melody in this boom boom world.

Good joB ! thx for sharing !
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Last Alternative

06 Apr 2022

Nice how it sets the mood and then pauses to build up to the melody with the build. The synth melody is sweet. I love the soft chorus and fx on it. Lots of cool filtering. Smooth hats. Strong kick but not slapping in my face.. just the right thump and top end to it. Crystal clear mix.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

selig
RE Developer

06 Apr 2022

reduk wrote:
04 Apr 2022
Thank you so much for your comments, you are right about harsh frequencies 😉
It may simply be a tad too loud. Remember that turning something down is similar to turning down a range of frequencies. In both cases the 'harsh' range is lowered, but in one you don't need to add any additional processing. The flip side is we don't like to turn stuff down because, well, louder sounds better. Sometimes the best way to find a new level is to pull that fader all the way down and gradually bring it back up to find the minimum level where the part 'works' in context of the whole. From there, a tiny bit of spectral adjustment can often more easily fine tune things than a more broad change overall from a poor starting point (if that makes sense!).

I almost always address issues with volume changes first if at all possible. Volume is sometimes only part of the answer, but the better the balances in the first place the less additional stuff will need to be added later. Learning to balance a mix is like learning to balance on a bike - all sorts of additional tricks are possible once you can balance, but none will work before. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

reduk

06 Apr 2022

Hi,
Thank you all for your advice, i’ll give it a try 😉

Quarmat
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2022

selig wrote:
06 Apr 2022
Learning to balance a mix is like learning to balance on a bike - all sorts of additional tricks are possible once you can balance, but none will work before. ;)
This is the kind of Zen Master level wisdom that makes me love this forum.

• Information