[French Touch] Ten Fathoms Below

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2022

Hello there,

Here's my latest, it has been in the closet for almost a year and finally I found the will to finish it.

Your thoughts and opinions are always welcome.

Have a nice day!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2022

I've slightly updated the mix and changed the timing of some of the vocal chops. Thank you for listening, have a nice day!

Uman's

30 Mar 2022

Hi
Français like me ? :?:

The volume intro too high to start.
I recognize a twisted French thing in there. Are you French ?

For me it lacks a little sin in the low frequencies.
but after what to tell you ? it's a music that I can feel perfectly because it looks like me. :lol:

One last thing, I find that the song tracking is not exploited enough, it ends as it came, we expect more story told.

Something like "Art of Noise" inside.

Dans l'ensemble c'est bien joué l'ami.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

PhillipOrdonez

31 Mar 2022

The low end has an issue. It lacks focus. 🤔 I don't know if it is a SoundCloud issue or your mix or both 🤔

Quarmat
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
31 Mar 2022
The low end has an issue. It lacks focus. 🤔 I don't know if it is a SoundCloud issue or your mix or both 🤔
Hey Phillip, thanks for listening! Can you elaborate a little on my low end? It is surely my fault and not soundcloud's, so I might try to fix it, and I am eager to learn all i can from one of my low-end-masters :thumbup:
Uman's wrote:
30 Mar 2022
Hi
Français like me ? :?:

The volume intro too high to start.
I recognize a twisted French thing in there. Are you French ?

For me it lacks a little sin in the low frequencies.
but after what to tell you ? it's a music that I can feel perfectly because it looks like me. :lol:

One last thing, I find that the song tracking is not exploited enough, it ends as it came, we expect more story told.

Something like "Art of Noise" inside.

Dans l'ensemble c'est bien joué l'ami.
Hey Uman, thank you for checking my song! Seems you too noticed a lack of something in the lows, I wonder how I could improve and correct this issue.

By the way I'm not French, mais je suis un grand fan depuis 1997 du son électro qui vient de l'Hexagone... Surtout la période d'or d'Ed Banger Records, et bon les Daft aussi naturellement :)

Last Alternative

02 Apr 2022

This jam reminds me of the movie Baby Driver for some reason. One of those high octane bank robber type movies. And it kinda reminds me of Pendulum. Sounds really fun. I’m listening on my phone and the lows sound tight to me. Awesome melody. Fr
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Uman's

04 Apr 2022

quarmat wrote:Hey Uman, thank you for checking my song! Seems you too noticed a lack of something in the lows, I wonder how I could improve and correct this issue.
I think raising the level of the bass instrument would be enough
It's also possible that too much reverb on it reduces its presence.

And about cut off ? no cut off on bass ?
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2022

Great style! A genre not many people post here.
The mix sounds very good to me.

• Information