[minimal/experimental/synth/ambient] Freeform

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Chizmata

27 Mar 2022

Hello folks,

if you are interested, my new album "freeform" is on now bandcamp. it is based on polymetric patterns and the sound can be characterized as minimal/experimental/synth/ambient. it was made with R11 suite and every track is at its core built around one player and its functions.

Uman's

30 Mar 2022

Who caught his feet in the drums thread ?

Is the mouse button blocked ?

Sorry for my frankness, but it's boring.

Where is the music ? how looking for something pleasant and interesting in it ?

I am so sorry to say this. :oops:

I think you are choosing the wrong way to operate.
The easiest way is to whistle something in your head.
The theme comes more easily next.
Then build the drums and the rest to make it speak.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Chizmata

31 Mar 2022

you dont have to like it, thats ok. i dont like your "music" either. and i'm not taking lessions from a beginner.

Uman's

31 Mar 2022

We are talking about music and this is not. :lol:

Joking aside, why come if it's not accepting criticism ?
Anyone can make noise by typing pads :thumbs_down:

And who is the beginner here? I am 52 years old and I started synthesizers in 1984.

I wish you a good road and a nice day :cool:

strangers
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2022

This is a really cool album. I found myself thinking, "LRV is my favorite track" then I listened to Slow Motion and thought, "Just kidding this is my favorite track." This process repeated through the rest of the songs. Silence II and Slow Motion ended up as my favorites. I like your idea of focusing on one device and running with it. It paid off here. Nice stuff.

Chizmata

31 Mar 2022

strangers wrote:
31 Mar 2022
This is a really cool album. I found myself thinking, "LRV is my favorite track" then I listened to Slow Motion and thought, "Just kidding this is my favorite track." This process repeated through the rest of the songs. Silence II and Slow Motion ended up as my favorites. I like your idea of focusing on one device and running with it. It paid off here. Nice stuff.
thank you very much for listening and the appreciation stranger! i'll not let the praise get to my head though :D

Last Alternative

02 Apr 2022

Tript out beat. What time signature is it on the first tune? I can appreciate it for what it is - as you said you wrote a tune for each player. I commend you for that. It really showcases
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Chizmata

02 Apr 2022

Last Alternative wrote:
02 Apr 2022
Tript out beat. What time signature is it on the first tune? I can appreciate it for what it is - as you said you wrote a tune for each player. I commend you for that. It really showcases
thank you for listening! if you mean "circulation", its a mix of 11/16 (snare), 13/16 (kick) and 16/16 (hats). everything else is derived from that.

mmmartin

02 Apr 2022

I’m not so sure about the first track, but all the others fall in the sweet spot between experimental and tuneful.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing (I just bought a copy).

Chizmata

03 Apr 2022

mmmartin wrote:
02 Apr 2022
I’m not so sure about the first track, but all the others fall in the sweet spot between experimental and tuneful.

thanks martin, that means a lot to me! i think the first track has a more technoid vibe, maybe thats not for you?

mmmartin

06 Apr 2022

Chizmata wrote:
03 Apr 2022
mmmartin wrote:
02 Apr 2022

thanks martin, that means a lot to me! i think the first track has a more technoid vibe, maybe thats not for you?
Yeah, it’s a bit more frantic than the others. I’m afraid I don’t have anything more insightful to add. But I do really like the rest!

Chizmata

06 Apr 2022

mmmartin wrote:
06 Apr 2022
Chizmata wrote:
03 Apr 2022

Yeah, it’s a bit more frantic than the others. I’m afraid I don’t have anything more insightful to add. But I do really like the rest!
totally fine martin. i'm glad you appreciate it!

Uman's

19 Apr 2022

Read my comment above, it's still funny and invites you to talk about it, but do you see what you answered ? :puf_bigsmile:
Chizmata wrote:
31 Mar 2022
you dont have to like it, thats ok. i dont like your "music" either. and i'm not taking lessions from a beginner.
So we are not going to continue the war, it has no constructive interest.

Explain to me how this music comes to you and what inspires you ?

I need to figure out why it's so dark and repetitive. (for me)

Tiny Montgomery

20 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
31 Mar 2022

And who is the beginner here? I am 52 years old and I started synthesizers in 1984.

Movies and TV shows are filled with music like this, you seem to have a limited conception of what music is. You're entitled to your own opinion of course. The fact that you wouldn't point out how well this is produced given your lifetime interest in electronic music seems weird because the production here is on point and thats beyond debate imo even if the content or style isn't your bag.

This is excellent Chizmata, my favourite is Slow Motion. I really like your sound pallette overall too, it's so well thought out and composed.

Uman's

20 Apr 2022

Hi Montgomery
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
20 Apr 2022

Movies and TV shows are filled with music like this, you seem to have a limited conception of what music is.

I better understand the why by introducing like this, rather than by I don't know what sort of cubism.

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
20 Apr 2022
You're entitled to your own opinion of course. The fact that you wouldn't point out how well this is produced given your lifetime interest in electronic music seems weird because the production here is on point and thats beyond debate imo even if the content or style isn't your bag.

I would like someone to explain to me in what or how we work this kind of music which seems to be
made only of loops, no intro, no chorus, no end.

This is my point of view but should I have kept quiet ?
Unfortunately, there are not enough comments on these achievements to give an overall opinion.

crimsonwarlock

20 Apr 2022

Uman's wrote:
20 Apr 2022
I would like someone to explain to me in what or how we work this kind of music which seems to be
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Chizmata

20 Apr 2022

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
20 Apr 2022
Uman's wrote:
31 Mar 2022

Movies and TV shows are filled with music like this, you seem to have a limited conception of what music is. You're entitled to your own opinion of course. The fact that you wouldn't point out how well this is produced given your lifetime interest in electronic music seems weird because the production here is on point and thats beyond debate imo even if the content or style isn't your bag.

This is excellent Chizmata, my favourite is Slow Motion. I really like your sound pallette overall too, it's so well thought out and composed.
thanks a lot for the positive review montgomery, i'm glad you appreciate the album. i've worked a lot on production techniques over the last years and i think its acceptable but there is still room for improvement :thumbup:

Uman's

20 Apr 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
20 Apr 2022
Uman's wrote:
20 Apr 2022
Yes indeed it could be something like that.
It's a style that I listened to a lot in the 70s. Just like ELP (Emerson Lake and palmer) or Hawkwind.
I don't know if that's really our friend's intention, but if so, I hope he does.
Chizmata wrote:i've worked a lot on production techniques over the last years and i think its acceptable but there is still room for improvement
Don't say you're going to improve, it'll force me to follow you ! :puf_bigsmile:

• Information