[Indie Pop/Rock] How To Feel Alive: Part1 (Full Album)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Ottostrom

14 Feb 2022

My album dropped last Friday and I want to share it with my fellow Reason users :) Spotify Link
Written, recorded, produced and mixed by me in Reason DAW using mostly REs and stock devices. This is the first time that I've worked on multiple songs at once instead of singles and now I understand how appealing the process is.
Whenever I felt stuck with one of them I just switched to a different task for a different song which made sure that I was always moving forward. And it also helped me stop overthinking individual elements since there would be more material there to judge.
I'm super happy & proud of the outcome! Finally starting to reach a quality standard that I've been chasing for years. I know the "bedroom" vibe with boxy vocals and messy recordings is not for everyone but I'm personally really drawn to the DIY sound of it all.

Made the bold move of upgrading to R12 right as it came out while I was in the middle of production, but despite some annoying visual glitches it didn't really have too much of a negative impact. Right after upgrading I made the PreAmp Revival combinator and I started using it so much that I couldn't downgrade to R11 even if I had wanted to :lol:
This album made me once again realize that I really enjoy working in Reason

integerpoet

14 Feb 2022

You will be shocked to learn I am enjoying the full album.

One thing I forgot to mention when you posted "Pour Me The Moon" earlier…

You might want to see if you enjoy Sondre Lerche.

Ottostrom

15 Feb 2022

integerpoet wrote:
14 Feb 2022
You will be shocked to learn I am enjoying the full album.

One thing I forgot to mention when you posted "Pour Me The Moon" earlier…

Thanks for the recommendation!
I did indeed like his music and "Turns Out I'm Sentimental After All" is absolutely brilliant :)
His composition and production is great, but I wish the vocals were less clean so they would sit more "inside" the track than on top of it

integerpoet

15 Feb 2022

Ottostrom wrote:
15 Feb 2022
integerpoet wrote:
14 Feb 2022
His composition and production is great, but I wish the vocals were less clean so they would sit more "inside" the track than on top of it
Not to make this thread about him, but you might want to jump back to his first record and go from there. It's been a while since I listened to them, but I just started the first one and the first track's vocals sound more saturated. They are still pretty forward, though. He's definitely more pop than indie. :-)

jjpscott01

22 Apr 2022

This sounds so good. I really like your sound and look forward to hearing more from you on this future. Well done Man
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Uman's

29 Apr 2022

Reminds me of a lot of famous hits.

Good work ! nice !
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

• Information