(indie/electronic/pop rock) Moments

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

14 Jan 2022

Yo! It's been a while since I posted anything here, but I've just released a little single that was written entirely using Reason so I figured... hey, why not! The track is called Moments, and it's on most major streaming services right naow.

https://songwhip.com/adam-fielding/moments

Despite only just now releasing it, it was actually the first tune I wrote in 2021. I'd just spent the previous December in quite an odd (or typical, depending on your view?) COVID/lockdown/2020-y fashion, and wanted to write something with a bit of a positive feel that (both lyrically and stylistically) represented how I at least try to view situations like that nowadays.

The song itself is based on a sentiment that I've found myself coming back to time and time again over the last few years in particular, and one which really came to the fore in 2020. When things seem particularly grim I have to remind myself that, yes, this will pass, and if I ever doubt myself in that regard I like to look back on earlier memories or events and remind myself "those times will come again". It's not a lament on times past or something like that - just a reminder that even when things look bleak, it'll pass... But wallowing in memories for too long can be a dangerous place, as well.

Stylistically I'd spent a lot of 2020 listening to music that I found comforting rather than listening to anything particularly challenging (something I've since rectified!), and that definitely rubbed off on how this tune came together in a big way. I wanted something that felt like a bit of a call back to the kind of vocal tunes I used to write back when I first started recording vocals, but with a bit of an extra production and mixing "sheen" that comes as a natural consequence of having learned more about that kind of stuff since I first started out. I had a blast putting this one together, and I hope that comes through a bit in the final track.

Anyway! Enough waffling from me. I hope you enjoy it in some capacity :) Cheers!

crimsonwarlock

14 Jan 2022

Just wow :clap:

This is the kind of music I like a lot. Your production skills shine through, impressive as always (I watched a lot of your live-streams, after the fact, on youtube). More of this please :D
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

adfielding

14 Jan 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
14 Jan 2022
Just wow :clap:

This is the kind of music I like a lot. Your production skills shine through, impressive as always (I watched a lot of your live-streams, after the fact, on youtube). More of this please :D
Thank you! That's very nice of you to say, I'm really glad you like it :)

crimsonwarlock

14 Jan 2022

adfielding wrote:
14 Jan 2022
Thank you! That's very nice of you to say, I'm really glad you like it :)
I would love to see a stream/video of your production process for a track like this one. I have a track I did before switching to Reason (which was in 2020) that I like to redo mixing and final production for in Reason. It could use some of your tricks and tips. So far, I'm working through your currently available videos and taking many notes :D
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Hoboys

15 Jan 2022

I kind of wish you'd be more confident with your vocals. You've got a very pleasant timbre. Other than that, it's a solid radio-ready production. Sweet skills, man!

raymondh

17 Jan 2022

Great job Adam. Cool song, great vocals and sublime production!

adfielding

17 Jan 2022

gullum wrote:
14 Jan 2022
so relaxing and somehow still energetic love it the vocals fit really well too
Thanks, glad you liked it! :D
Hoboys wrote:
15 Jan 2022
I kind of wish you'd be more confident with your vocals. You've got a very pleasant timbre. Other than that, it's a solid radio-ready production. Sweet skills, man!
Thank you, that's very nice of you to say! Really glad you liked the track, and I'll try my best to add a little extra "gusto" to my future vocal recordings :)
raymondh wrote:
17 Jan 2022
Great job Adam. Cool song, great vocals and sublime production!
Thank you! :)

Noises

17 Jan 2022

That was really good. Being a huge brit-pop fan living in Canada, and something you might not even think about, I like the British-ness of the vocals, i.e. not sung in the American dialect (nothing against 'Mercan English, I love it too!). I like when people sing in their natural speaking voice. The part where the vocal soared into the stratosphere was quite effective (after 2:30), wow! As a listener, you wanted it to go higher and it did!

Heigen5

19 Jan 2022

Yo Ad! Definitely a well made tune. The guitars and those epic moments in this track were spot-on!
Your vocals had a cool emotional character. Congrats on the release!

TheGodOfRainbows

19 Jan 2022

Yeah, this is indeed a radio-ready production. Great song. So nicely polished. Good stuff!

adfielding

20 Jan 2022

Noises wrote:
17 Jan 2022
That was really good. Being a huge brit-pop fan living in Canada, and something you might not even think about, I like the British-ness of the vocals, i.e. not sung in the American dialect (nothing against 'Mercan English, I love it too!). I like when people sing in their natural speaking voice. The part where the vocal soared into the stratosphere was quite effective (after 2:30), wow! As a listener, you wanted it to go higher and it did!
Thank you! That's not something I've really thought about for a while re: accent, though it is something I initially struggled with - when I first started out I did put on a bit of a hokey accent that was very much "not me", thankfully one day before I started properly working on my first album I realised I should just go with a more natural accent and things got better from there. Really glad you liked it!
Heigen5 wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Yo Ad! Definitely a well made tune. The guitars and those epic moments in this track were spot-on!
Your vocals had a cool emotional character. Congrats on the release!
Thanks mate! Glad you dig it :D
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
19 Jan 2022
Yeah, this is indeed a radio-ready production. Great song. So nicely polished. Good stuff!
Thank you! :)

• Information