(Techno) Have a merry Techmas (Feedback wanted)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2021

HI

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

This is a track i am working on over xmas and would appreciate any constructive criticism to consider whilst finishing.

24/12/2021 Tweaked this a bit today.
Last edited by Popey on 24 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2021

Feedback as requested: my first feeling is that the Kik is not connected to the piece so I feel like there is this really forward, intrusive even, Kik and some stuff behind it. My guess would be in letting the Kik have more presence in the bus reverb to make it seem more connected. The overall sound is otherwise warm and engaging so get that kik into the same space and you will probably know where you want to go next

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2021

Benedict wrote:
23 Dec 2021
Feedback as requested: my first feeling is that the Kik is not connected to the piece so I feel like there is this really forward, intrusive even, Kik and some stuff behind it. My guess would be in letting the Kik have more presence in the bus reverb to make it seem more connected. The overall sound is otherwise warm and engaging so get that kik into the same space and you will probably know where you want to go next

:-)
Hi Benedict thank you for listening and taking the time to help. I agree about the Kick I think it is too loud and sticks out too much. The kick and drums are very dry at the moment so I will need to sort out some verb on it. I also noticed a couple of sounds before the drop that need some attention. I will update the link once finished. Merry christmas

PhutureD

27 Dec 2021

Nice track, I like that the high end is not unbalanced compared to the rest of the elements but too short for me, the end part could go on a little longer IMO but good build up until the last bit.

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

PhutureD wrote:
27 Dec 2021
Nice track, I like that the high end is not unbalanced compared to the rest of the elements but too short for me, the end part could go on a little longer IMO but good build up until the last bit.
Hi PhutureD thank you for listening and feedback 👍. Taking on board your comment and listening back I am going to extend this as you are right the end part (especially from 4mins 40) need to continue with the groove still strong. Finishing a dnb track at moment but will repost this once extended.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2022

Nice. What synth are you using at 2:04? (The bassy midrangy sound)

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Jan 2022
Hi Synth is serum but using some wavetables created from brute and PRO1 synths (not stock serum tables).

I would offer the patch if it was one solely created by me but it is a tweaked preset from a purchased product so does not seem ethical to offer this (not that you asked anyway 🙂)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Jan 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Jan 2022
Hi Synth is serum but using some wavetables created from brute and PRO1 synths (not stock serum tables).

I would offer the patch if it was one solely created by me but it is a tweaked preset from a purchased product so does not seem ethical to offer this (not that you asked anyway 🙂)
Thanks. That's ok. I don't have Serum anyway. Was just curious. It reminded me of a Shadow of the beast (Amiga 500 game) sound. Got some nostalgic flashbacks from it. :puf_smile:

• Information