(Electronica/80s vibe/Game music) - Joyride

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2021

Pretty happy with this one. Puts me in a good mood.

integerpoet

14 Dec 2021

Not even all the way through the first play and my mood is elevated.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2021

integerpoet wrote:
14 Dec 2021
Not even all the way through the first play and my mood is elevated.
Great to hear. Thanks. :puf_smile:

TheMiles

15 Dec 2021

Really nice stuff!

Rising Night Wave

15 Dec 2021

i am feeling this song as for a good soundtrack for a space racing video game.
nice song. i like it.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

15 Dec 2021

this song reminds me of Koto's music. Dragon... and so on. really nice piece of song you have created. truly 80-90's touch and feeling.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

gullum

15 Dec 2021

sometimes a a like button would be grate because sometimes you just like something but you don't know exactly why but you just like the song this is one of these song for me :thumbup: :thumbs_up:

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2021

Video game vibes, in the best way :D

Wave Race 64, mute video and start your track when the water appears

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

TheMiles wrote:
15 Dec 2021
Really nice stuff!
Thanks! :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
15 Dec 2021
i am feeling this song as for a good soundtrack for a space racing video game.
nice song. i like it.
I can see that. Thanks.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

aeox wrote:
16 Dec 2021
Video game vibes, in the best way :D

Wave Race 64, mute video and start your track when the water appears

Yes it seems most people imagine some kind of race or going with some sort of vehicle when they here this song (myself included). But the setting and nuances differs a bit from person to person.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2021

Very cool track Tritone Addiction. really good gaming vibes on this, surprised you have not used it for your "players" challenge :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2021

Popey wrote:
17 Dec 2021
Very cool track Tritone Addiction. really good gaming vibes on this, surprised you have not used it for your "players" challenge :-)
Thanks. Yeah I probably could post it in the players challenge thread. Though that wasn't the intent behind the song. I started working on this one before I created the challenge.
But I have used Beatmap for the drums (with some tweaks here and there of course). So just like your track the word "players" could be seen in two ways.

Seckin

18 Dec 2021

I'm giving it 10/10 for this genre. Oh and I'm very picky, I usually do not like most of the music that I hear everday.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

TheGodOfRainbows

18 Dec 2021

Great tune as usual, and catchy. I like the melody and the harmony parts; those little flourishes you do (not sure of word to describe). Those lead phrases. Good stuff Tritone. I'm always curious to know what primary devices were used, such what was used for drums and the other instruments.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

Seckin wrote:
18 Dec 2021
I'm giving it 10/10 for this genre. Oh and I'm very picky, I usually do not like most of the music that I hear everday.
Thanks man, I appreciate that.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

Wee Joe wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Nice Tune........

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Great tune as usual, and catchy. I like the melody and the harmony parts; those little flourishes you do (not sure of word to describe). Those lead phrases. Good stuff Tritone. I'm always curious to know what primary devices were used, such what was used for drums and the other instruments.
Thanks for the kind words.
Pretty much all essential sounds are from Europa. All the leads, basses, arpeggios. I managed to sneak in a Wave Layers Edition patch in the background during the 0:43 part. It's a patch playing long root (and fifth) of the chords. It's one of those sounds you don't really notice when listening, but once you remove it something is missing.
Noise hits/sweeps come from Legend.
Drums come from Kong. With the exception of a hihat sound coming from Rytmik. You can hear it clearly at 1:51. Drums are pretty processed. Audiomatic(s), Disperser, sublte distortion.
And then there's the claps which is EC-1 Electro Clapper.

Bloma

20 Dec 2021

Ahhh, this is just freaking gorgeously lush. I want to play this game and/or buy this goddamn album!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

Bloma wrote:
20 Dec 2021
Ahhh, this is just freaking gorgeously lush. I want to play this game and/or buy this goddamn album!
Thanks Bloma. Been listening to your latest album a bit lately. But haven't emersed myself fully yet. I'll probably have more time now during Chistmas.

TheGodOfRainbows

21 Dec 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Dec 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
18 Dec 2021
Pretty much all essential sounds are from Europa. All the leads, basses, arpeggios. I managed to sneak in a Wave Layers Edition patch in the background during the 0:43 part. It's a patch playing long root (and fifth) of the chords. It's one of those sounds you don't really notice when listening, but once you remove it something is missing.
Drums come from Kong. With the exception of a hihat sound coming from Rytmik. You can hear it clearly at 1:51. Drums are pretty processed. Audiomatic(s), Disperser, sublte distortion.
Cool. Good info. I like your use of noise sweeps and effects. They are a nice touch that adds to the excitement and life of the song.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
21 Dec 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Dec 2021

Cool. Good info. I like your use of noise sweeps and effects. They are a nice touch that adds to the excitement and life of the song.
I don't think I was completely clear in my explanation. A lot of the "sweeps" on the leads actually come from my patch Wild Ride (Europa) included in my Tritone refill. It has a phaser effect that makes the sound sweep around. Legend is only responsible for the noise hits (used like a cymbal).
I also noticed that the bell like lead sound is from Grain ("Sustained Harp", also from my refill).

Jefferyk2

15 Feb 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
15 Dec 2021
i am feeling this song as for a good soundtrack for a space racing video game cheats.
nice song. i like it.
I'm happy that synthwave is having an impressive appearance at the top of Listen To This. It seems like we're just a few steps away from getting into the mainstream. Last month, I was in on the booth at a tradeshow and was using my laptop in which I was presenting demos of our products. This person came in to me and offered me a to the Carpenter Brut laptop sticker. The first time this has happened.
Last edited by Jefferyk2 on 08 Aug 2022, edited 1 time in total.

raymondh

26 Mar 2022

Wow! This is really really cool! Very uplifting, fantastic work!

• Information