(Pop Song) Jake Cropley "Medicine"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2021

Hi All

While this was not made in Reason (Ableist Live, ported to ProFools) it was mixed in Reason from multitracks. I have been doing a lot of work with Jake (incl a Prog album with him on guitar) but this is the first time I have been able to show fully what we are doing. I am super proud of him and what we are up to.

There are three more Pop songs that have been mixed to come out whilst we are finishing up a more Country album (with a song I managed to co-write which seems something against Jake's songwriting abilities).

For the curious (seeing someone always asks) the video was made in HitFilm Express using the cover art and the Atomic Particles effect for the floaties.

This I posted here before but for the interested shows how the mix started:

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

27 Nov 2021

That sounds fantastic Benedict. Really great mix.
He has a wonderful voice, and you have really celebrated that with your mix, and brought out quite a delicate emotion. Nice job!

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2021

Thanks Mr H

Jake is genuinely very talented and has put a lot of time into growing his songwriting (and layers of vocal parts). It would seem wrong to mix to anything but his song.

The sad thing is that for about 6 years Jake has done very little with his own songs, thinking that no one would be interested and maybe he would have to find others to sing them. I have been mixing my way through some of them for a Pop EP and had him dig back in a bit deeper for that light Country album.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information