(EDM/Synthwave) The Midnight - Sunset (Punchinello Remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
User avatar
Ukho
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2021

Post 15 Nov 2021

Hello everyone! :)

I made a remix of one of my favorite songs by The Midnight: Sunset.



I was only using the Acapella Vocals and the Guitar Solo.
And this quote:
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”

I put my heart to it, so please let me know what ya think...
Last edited by Ukho on 16 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.
"Music is a place to take refuge. It's a sanctuary from mediocrity and boredom. It's innocent and it's a place you can lose yourself in thoughts, memories and intricacies."

User avatar
Ukho
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2021

Post 16 Nov 2021

EDIT: I re-uploaded the Remix; with better mixing.
"Music is a place to take refuge. It's a sanctuary from mediocrity and boredom. It's innocent and it's a place you can lose yourself in thoughts, memories and intricacies."

Popey
Posts: 827
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 16 Nov 2021

cool vocals in this track and i liked it. Perhaps only comment is i wonder if the sunsets vocal is a tad loud, it just seemed to pop out a bit much (not a lot and wonder if it would sit better a db or 2 quieter). I may be wrong but worth trying imo. That is just me nit picking a bit but overall i thought it was quality.

User avatar
Ukho
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2021

Post 16 Nov 2021

Popey wrote:
16 Nov 2021
cool vocals in this track and i liked it. Perhaps only comment is i wonder if the sunsets vocal is a tad loud, it just seemed to pop out a bit much (not a lot and wonder if it would sit better a db or 2 quieter). I may be wrong but worth trying imo. That is just me nit picking a bit but overall i thought it was quality.
Thank you!

You mean the "Sunset" chorus?
Yeah, it is louder, will try that out?
Do you think the guitar solo is too loud?
"Music is a place to take refuge. It's a sanctuary from mediocrity and boredom. It's innocent and it's a place you can lose yourself in thoughts, memories and intricacies."

Popey
Posts: 827
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 16 Nov 2021

Ukho wrote:
16 Nov 2021
Popey wrote:
16 Nov 2021
cool vocals in this track and i liked it. Perhaps only comment is i wonder if the sunsets vocal is a tad loud, it just seemed to pop out a bit much (not a lot and wonder if it would sit better a db or 2 quieter). I may be wrong but worth trying imo. That is just me nit picking a bit but overall i thought it was quality.
Thank you!

You mean the "Sunset" chorus?
Yeah, it is louder, will try that out?
Do you think the guitar solo is too loud?
No to me the guitar solo sounded fine, it was just that vocal that kinda jumped out a bit. Like I say it is only by a tiny bit and I just wondered if a tiny adjustment may help but still keep it up front and centered as the focal point.

User avatar
Ukho
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2021

Post 16 Nov 2021

Turned down the volume of the vocals and guitar 2 db. Works well so far! Thanks
"Music is a place to take refuge. It's a sanctuary from mediocrity and boredom. It's innocent and it's a place you can lose yourself in thoughts, memories and intricacies."

WOO
Posts: 189
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Post 16 Nov 2021

I think you did an excellent job Ukho. You should be proud of the results. Now I'm going to do a deep dive into the bands catalog. Thanks
"A man is like a rabbit, you catch him by the ears" La Rochefoucauld

User avatar
Ukho
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2021

Post 17 Nov 2021

WOO wrote:
16 Nov 2021
I think you did an excellent job Ukho. You should be proud of the results. Now I'm going to do a deep dive into the bands catalog. Thanks
Thank you! :)
I think it is a very good band, and I really like their lyrics.
"Music is a place to take refuge. It's a sanctuary from mediocrity and boredom. It's innocent and it's a place you can lose yourself in thoughts, memories and intricacies."

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 564
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 17 Nov 2021

nice song you got you know. nice remix. although i do not know the original but this song you uploaded to YT is very cool.
i do not prefer this type of music but more aggressive but this song is very nice, calm and so on.

nicely done.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro x64 | Propellerhead Reason 10 | Reason+ Subscription

User avatar
Ukho
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Jun 2021

Post 17 Nov 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Nov 2021
nice song you got you know. nice remix. although i do not know the original but this song you uploaded to YT is very cool.
i do not prefer this type of music but more aggressive but this song is very nice, calm and so on.

nicely done.
Many thanks!
I am okay with its mixing, still think the vocals need some surgical EQ, although its the original offical wav)
but maybe its just my right ear, but whenever he says: sunset - no regret, that sounds a little harsh to my right ear.

Do you experience something similar or does it sound fine to you?
"Music is a place to take refuge. It's a sanctuary from mediocrity and boredom. It's innocent and it's a place you can lose yourself in thoughts, memories and intricacies."

visheshl
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 18 Nov 2021

Nice music 👍🎵🎵🎵

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Ukho and 0 guests