(disco) New here! I won the Simon Peyron remix competition with this track AMA

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
VerlanTokyo

05 Oct 2021

reark

05 Oct 2021

That's pretty damn good!

soundcloud.com/reark
reark.bandcamp.com

PhillipOrdonez

06 Oct 2021

Good job!

BananaSkins

06 Oct 2021

Nice mix... :thumbs_up:

Congrats... :clap:

What was your prize?

Quarmat
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2021

Hey Verlan! Welcome to ReasonTalk! Well deserved victory on the Peyron contest :) Great reharmonisation and super cool sounds!

About the AMA... what DAW did you use for the remix? What was your workflow?

VerlanTokyo

06 Oct 2021

BananaSkins wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Nice mix... :thumbs_up:

Congrats... :clap:

What was your prize?
I got a year of Reason+!

VerlanTokyo

06 Oct 2021

Quarmat wrote:
06 Oct 2021
Hey Verlan! Welcome to ReasonTalk! Well deserved victory on the Peyron contest :) Great reharmonisation and super cool sounds!

About the AMA... what DAW did you use for the remix? What was your workflow?
Track was done in Reason 12 beta.

I think the first thing I did was to get the chords and melody jiving but I had the nu-disco/Stevie Wonder type groove in mind the whole time. The main synth stabs are Synapse Antidote going through Complex 1 low pass gates triggered in a separate midi lane. Drums are 2 Mimics, one for a triple layered kick and another for one shots. Republic is doing the latin percussion and the tambourine is the stock Reason loop pitched down. I also did some chops in Mimic from the vocals and instrumental stems(my intro is pulled from Simon's FX track)

I was running into my CPU so a lot of stuff got printed before I did the final mix. Also the bridge bass track I played live on my 80s MIJ p-bass(with late 60s style baseball bat neck) and it absolutely wasted my fingers! Bass was done in a separate session so I could get the latency down.

Lead synth is Synapse The Legend, bass synth is Complex 1. If anyone wants the patches LMK!

• Information