(Classical) Bach Fugue in A Minor

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
robthompson

02 Oct 2021

Written by J S Bach for organ, transcribed by me for synth VSTs, in Reason 12.

Patch selection is always a headache for me in these pieces. I need presets that are effective but without too much processing/layering, so that it's easier to tweak them. I found that if I spend a lot of time twiddling knobs I get less other work done, so it's a compromise.

This was a pleasure to render, but I hope to produce more polished work as I drill down on my Reason skills.

Europa, Dune 3, Massive X, SynthMaster 2, Pigments

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2021

This is pure brilliance!

Funnily I just spent a good hour or so messing around adapting some bach and reimagining it with some synths and then saw this ...

Combinator 2 should usher in a new wave of patches that have knobs to explore the sound space.

Exowildebeest

02 Oct 2021

Cool :clap: I tried something similar years ago, running Bach midi's through Reason. So much fun!

Needs more massive cathedral reverb though :D

rgdaniel

02 Oct 2021

I LOVE doing Bach Preludes and Fugues. Been doing it since 1995, using Studio Vision by Opcode. Best part is adding the drums.

robthompson

02 Oct 2021

Thanks for listening to the piece, and for your comments. Bach reimagined - with drums! Thoroughly enjoyed those.

Reverb was a problem. There were others... :-) I'm not entirely new to it all, but not a great technician; still learning.

I think Bach is popular not just because of Wendy Carlos' innovative work, but because his writing rewards everyone who's able to approach it and is willing to get their hands dirty...

reark

05 Oct 2021

I have midi in a Reason file for Sinfonias 7 & 8 if you're interested.

reark.bandcamp.com

challism

06 Oct 2021

I didn't know that guy from Skid Row also wrote classical music. Wow!! ;)

It's always nice to hear Reason being used for something other than some incarnation of "electronic music".
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information