(Space Music - light Prog) Travel Without Movement album

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2021

In among client work I finally got this album done. It features guitarist - Jake Cropley - who sat with me and took my sometimes strange directions and helped lift these pieces to help them tell the right stories - even if he didn't realize it at the time.

100% done in Reason. Even the guitar tones were all done in Reason using Scream4 and a few of my custom Drive VST (no amp sims here - we both don't really like em).

Official: https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2021/09/1 ... -movement/

The cover painting is by a Chinese lady, Zongyan Hu, who took up painting after being quite ill.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

FHtH

26 Sep 2021

Very cool. Your works in any genre have a very interesting charm and aftertaste.

raymondh

26 Sep 2021

Very nice Benedict. You and Jake connected very well in this.
The guitar lines are very nice and add to your signature sound.
A bit like the Hank Marvin and Jean Michel Jarre combo!

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2021

Thanks Slava
&
Ray

Ooh I didn't know of Hank M and Jarre, JM working together. Watching some now from Docklands...

When I started on this guitar jag with the "Befell" album material, I quickly noted how much it seemed like The Shads. I then set about seeing how that might express through variant forms like Goth etc. In this album tho I wanted to be less Pop and more Prog (lightly so). Well, except for "Finding The Beach" that I wanted to be very electro-Bues/Jazz Disco.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

strangers
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2021

Really nice stuff. What'd you do for guitars? DI and then run through Scream and/or the VST you mentioned? Sounds really good. I'll have to revisit this again when I have a little more time to get through the entire piece.

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2021

Yep, exactly that: Guitar DI (via a volume rocker) to an Audio Track.
Getting the guitar tone was combinations of Scream4 and a few of my own VST drives like StarDrive, Double Drive & SpaceTape.
Usually into Delay like my 2020 Mod Delay, Echolater, EchoNest, and of course some of The Echo.
To be fair there was careful use of EQ as well.

Somehow that always felt better to both of us than using the usual suspects of virtual amps and cabinet impulses.

p.s. it was a black Fender Strat, a real American one too. Altho, the smart trainspotter would know that was a bit of a fib as "Touring" is clearly a Tele (yep a real one o them too). Apparently, that is really important for people to know LOL
Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information