(retro) Dinosaurs In Space

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

25 Sep 2021

Synthesizers: Korg Arp Odyssey, Moog Sirin, Roland JX-8P, D-05, JP-08, System-8
Drums & Percussion: Korg Arp Odyssey, VSDSX
Sound FX: Korg Arp Odyssey

DAW and Processing:
Cockos Reaper
Reasonstudios Reason, Pulveriser, Polar,The Echo, Master Bus Compressor, Channel EQ, Chanel Dynamics
FXpansion Etch Red
Soniccharge Echobode
Selig Leveler
Decomposer Sitala
Synapse GQ-7, 90 Vintage Phaser, Deep Reverb, Fat Space
Fabfilter Saturn
Valhalla Shimmer
Sonicbitsio Pump
TAL Reverb
Oril River
Kazrog True Iron
Softube Saturation Knob
Voxengo Tempo Delay
Kuassa EVE-AT1
Waves CLA-76, Doubler4, RCompressor
Unfiltered Audio Renoun Reverb

FHtH

25 Sep 2021

Very good vibe!

TheGodOfRainbows

27 Sep 2021

I like that sound at 2:52 and that mood shift that plays the song out. Did it go from a major to a minor key? The pads all sound nice and the bass and drums fit in there nicely. Cool track.

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2021

Nice sound

Slightly OT but you mentioned Reaper... I tried making a track in Reaper (seeing I have to use it for those huge-track sound mixes :shakes fist in rage: ) but I didn't get far. I felt just as I always did pre-Reason that I was struggling to get things to flow. Exported the two sounds in Combis and three motif ideas I had as MIDI, and a few hours later a completed piece.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

29 Sep 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
27 Sep 2021
I like that sound at 2:52 and that mood shift that plays the song out. Did it go from a major to a minor key? The pads all sound nice and the bass and drums fit in there nicely. Cool track.
Thanks very much !

The sound effect I made on the Karp Odyssey and then processed it through an Echobode and Renoun reverb.

Yes the key change was from Db Major to G Minor. Also had a tempo change.

raymondh

29 Sep 2021

Benedict wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Nice sound

Slightly OT but you mentioned Reaper... I tried making a track in Reaper (seeing I have to use it for those huge-track sound mixes :shakes fist in rage: ) but I didn't get far. I felt just as I always did pre-Reason that I was struggling to get things to flow. Exported the two sounds in Combis and three motif ideas I had as MIDI, and a few hours later a completed piece.

Thanks Benedict. I initially found Reaper completely unintuitive, Until I watched most of the Reaper Mania videos. Everything fell into place. There are plenty of things I don't like about Reaper, and absolutely it's nowhere near as intuitive as Reason's DAW, but I'm more productive overall. I think most of all, I never have to think about running out of DSP, and I love track hierarchies and the automatic routing that comes with that.

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2021

Oh definitely some advantages in Reaper. The more time I spend, the more I come to terms with that. Still not thinking it will be my sea change.

Just finishing a vid for HigherHz around the Best DAW for Beginners conundrum and some really stand out for a feeling of clarity and flow. Many just feel cluttered & cludgy. I am not here for features, I wanna Rock!

\m/
Benedict Roff-Marsh

raymondh

30 Sep 2021

Benedict wrote:
29 Sep 2021
Oh definitely some advantages in Reaper. The more time I spend, the more I come to terms with that. Still not thinking it will be my sea change.

Just finishing a vid for HigherHz around the Best DAW for Beginners conundrum and some really stand out for a feeling of clarity and flow. Many just feel cluttered & cludgy. I am not here for features, I wanna Rock!

\m/
fyi - One other reason I chose Reaper is multi-platform - Carl and I need to share the same s/w for our Pacific Deep tracks and he's on Mac while I'm on Windows PC. Reason is really excellent for collaboration so long as you're on the same version (i'e one of us can't upgrade to 12, either both or neither). If I was on Mac, we'd probably be using Logic. (I used Logic since originally C-Lab Creator on Atari STe, then Logic Audio on Windows PC. Was pretty miffed when Apple dropped WIndows support!!)

Look forward to your DAW video - sounds interesting!

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2021

Benedict Roff-Marsh

TheGodOfRainbows

30 Sep 2021

raymondh wrote:
29 Sep 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
27 Sep 2021
Thanks very much !

The sound effect I made on the Karp Odyssey and then processed it through an Echobode and Renoun reverb.

Thanks for the info on how you made that sound. It sounds great.

raymondh

01 Oct 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
30 Sep 2021
raymondh wrote:
29 Sep 2021

Thanks very much !

Thanks for the info on how you made that sound. It sounds great.
Thanks for listening!

Here's a little video showing the tracks. I didn't go into many RRP instances but a bit of visibility into what synth is doing what.

• Information