(melodic house/Techno) Salad Moon 125bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

Latest thing from me. hope some enjoy :)

Quarmat
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2021

Very nice mid-90s feel. I had FSOL vibes, especially at the beginning. Good job!

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2021

Quarmat wrote:
23 Aug 2021
Very nice mid-90s feel. I had FSOL vibes, especially at the beginning. Good job!
Thanks Quarmat 👍

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2021

A little too repetitive. The ending did break it up a little bit with some pretty cool lines and sounds going on. Nice work!

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2021

strangers wrote:
23 Aug 2021
A little too repetitive. The ending did break it up a little bit with some pretty cool lines and sounds going on. Nice work!
Hi strangers, thanks for the feedback I will take on board the repetitive feedback and see if I can add more variety in my next song 👍

bitley

24 Aug 2021

The stuttery but very silent da-da-do-do sample is awesome & hooky, you should lift that up and make it the chorus part.

bitley

24 Aug 2021

By the way, in reference to those da-da samples check out this classic Fairlight CMI work :)

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2021

bitley wrote:
24 Aug 2021
The stuttery but very silent da-da-do-do sample is awesome & hooky, you should lift that up and make it the chorus part.
Hi Bitley, thanks for taking a listen. I think i know what you mean when you mention the very very silent da-da-do-do sample but to be sure is it the synth that comes in the second break? If so that actually started as the basis of my lead but couldnt find a way to keep it interesting ( I have no music theory and struggle with melodies just hammering away on my midi keyboard until i find something i think sounds good :lol: )

bitley

24 Aug 2021

That's the way we all do it basically :) As long nothing is obviously wrong you actually have a basic ear for music, so keep up the good work!

(Btw since Warp Records started publishing Autechre etc, melodic & harmonic errors have become a trend in itself, your music is clean as a bean in comparison)

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2021

bitley wrote:
24 Aug 2021
That's the way we all do it basically :) As long nothing is obviously wrong you actually have a basic ear for music, so keep up the good work!

(Btw since Warp Records started publishing Autechre etc, melodic & harmonic errors have become a trend in itself, your music is clean as a bean in comparison)
😂😂😂 if it sounds right it cannot be wrong I guess. Thanks again for listening.

bitley

24 Aug 2021

;) I guess Autechre would say if it sounds wrong we have another hit record

• Information